02-28-10 03:58 PM
303 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I would like the support of someone more knowledgeable on BB matters than me...

I have a Verizon BB storm, never activated or used on the Verizon Network - it was sealed in the box. I got the unlock code from eBay, and it worked like a charm. I can use it as a phone.

I then decided to register the PIN and IMEI in my provider's BIS and I get the message saying that the PIN and IMEI are already registered with a different service provider. (?)

Now, I googled around but I found conflicting info. Some people say that I need to get the PIN released by Verizon, others say that I only need to get a BB plan with my own provider and that should do the trick.

I also read the thread about activating the Storm with T-Mobile and ATT, and I could try to adapt it to register it with my provider, but I dont know how to get their generic service books. Any suggestions here would be most welcome.

Thank you!

Ryplok
    There are two forms listed in one of the sub-threads here that discuss how to install T-Mobile and ATT service books. Whichever plan you go with however, you will need to get a BIS plan in order to register your phone with RIM.
    12-31-08 05:19 PM
    There are two forms listed in one of the sub-threads here that discuss how to install T-Mobile and ATT service books. Whichever plan you go with however, you will need to get a BIS plan in order to register your phone with RIM.
    Hi

Thank you for taking the time to helping me. I hope I can return the favour someday.

I've read the posts about T-Mobile and ATT, but my question is whether the message I am getting (this BB is registered with a different service provider) means that I cannot register it with my local provider (Claro-Brazil) or whether I'm getting this message only because I don't have a BB plan yet.

Thanks
    Andre
    01-01-09 06:15 AM
    I Have A Rogers Account But A Verizon Wireless Storm. I Hear The Storm Is A Hybrid Phone And Able To Go From Cdma To Gsm. Given That Rogers Is A Gsm Carrier, Can I Possibly Crack The Storm To Make It Compatible? If Not, Can Any Functions Still Be Performed On The Storm? Or Can It Possibly Read Another Carrier For Me To Use It? Please Help Me Out Guys!
    01-02-09 10:01 AM
    So I got my code and entered on my phone and it was successful. After reading more about this UNLOCKING, there was mention of handset unlock and SIM unlock. Are they both the same? I dont know if SIM unlock referred to unlocking the sim card and not the handset itself.

I have this displayed when I type MEPD

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Active
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled

However, reading the Vodafone unlock thread, it seems that the phone is still locked? Maybe I'm not understanding it clearly or misread it. Can someone clarify this for me? Again, I got the code from Verizon, and it was successful.

I dont have a Tmobile or AT&T SIM card to try out. Hence my questions and curiosity.
    the network says active because you have a sim card in it and the connections are still on..if the network was disabled you could not make any calls whatsoever from your phone...so basically your phone is unlocked now and you can pop in another sim card and see it works with any carrier..
    *UPDATE* In my first post (quoted above), even though my original phone was UNLOCKED, the network said ACTIVE. Now that I got my replacement phone unlocked, the network now says INACTIVE. This seems to be correct - http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vod...56/#post972942

I was given a 16 digit for both phones.

*EDIT*
    It went back to ACTIVE. Dont know what to believe. I dont have a TMO or ATT SIM to try.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 01-05-09 at 06:32 PM.
    01-05-09 11:56 AM
    Mine did the same thing when i finally got it unlocked correctly.
    It went from inactive to active.

It works fine now I'm using Telenor in Sweden and I can send sms and make calls.

Any ideas how I can make the brwser and MMS to work with Telenor?
    I dont have the servicebook but the APN is services.telenor.se

Or will connecting to our BES at work take care of this matter?
    Last edited by svenbennyz; 01-07-09 at 01:55 PM.
    01-07-09 01:48 PM

It works fine now I'm using Telenor in Sweden and I can send sms and make calls but I don't have any browser.

Any ideas how I can make this work with Telenor?
    I dont have the servicebook but the APN is services.telenor.se

Borrowed a friends AT&T SIM and it worked.
    01-07-09 01:55 PM
    Called today and got it unlocked no problem.

The VZW woman was very helpful and walked me through the steps and I was able to get it unlocked in less than 10 min.

Very awesome.
    01-07-09 03:57 PM
    wow i almost feel bad how fast this guy gave up the code.... needless to say i unocked mine too.
    01-07-09 08:05 PM
    Hi all,i i am pretty new in this storm thing. I have a storm 9530 and it is unlocked. My carrier is Tmobile and I could make it work with Tmobil. I could talk to my friend with tmobil simcard by using my storm.

My question is
    "Once you get your phone unlocked your storm, could you use it either at&t or tmobile? Or you could you just one of them which have you preferred in the beginning of the unlocking process??

I bought my phone unlocked and i would like to know if i can use it also with at&t without doing and new adjustment. Please help it is kinda important. Thank you for your time in advance.
    01-07-09 11:21 PM
    Hi all,i i am pretty new in this storm thing. I have a storm 9530 and it is unlocked. My carrier is Tmobile and I could make it work with Tmobil. I could talk to my friend with tmobil simcard by using my storm.

My question is
    "Once you get your phone unlocked your storm, could you use it either at&t or tmobile? Or you could you just one of them which have you preferred in the beginning of the unlocking process??

I bought my phone unlocked and i would like to know if i can use it also with at&t without doing and new adjustment. Please help it is kinda important. Thank you for your time in advance.
    You can use either one. Just take out the SIM card and put in the one you want to use. SO if you want to use Tmobile, insert that SIM card. If you want to use AT&T, insert that SIM card.
    01-07-09 11:31 PM
    You can use either one. Just take out the SIM card and put in the one you want to use. SO if you want to use Tmobile, insert that SIM card. If you want to use AT&T, insert that SIM card.
    Thank you very much for your quick reply. So there no "one carrier unlocked" thing. One of my friends confused me and i just wanted to be sure about that. Because i knew that once you got your phone unlocked, it would work with all carries (i know i wouldn not work with Sprint it is not a gsm carrier) Just for confirmation do i need to do any special/different adjustment fine tuning for at&t or can i use it without doing anything? Thank you very much again.
    01-07-09 11:49 PM
    Its only locked to verizon. Once unlocked it works for all gsm. To get mms and browser go look at the his to forum

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 12:36 AM
    i did all this but my verizon number is still showing up in the phone app... any idea how to get the number of the sim card i put in working? im in ireland and dont want to be charged a lot for using my US number even though I have a vodafone sim card in
    01-08-09 12:38 AM
    i did all this but my verizon number is still showing up in the phone app... any idea how to get the number of the sim card i put in working? im in ireland and dont want to be charged a lot for using my US number even though I have a vodafone sim card in
    OPTIONS>ADVANCED OPTIONS>SIM CARD>Press BB Button>Edit SIM Phone Number
    01-08-09 09:13 AM

It works fine now I'm using Telenor in Sweden and I can send sms and make calls.

Any ideas how I can make the brwser and MMS to work with Telenor?

I did a battery pull yesterday and when the phone had started up it automatically downloaded the servicebooks from Telenor and I got the browser and MMS to work without having to install anything by myself.

As of today I'm connected to the BES at work and everything works so far

This forum has been very helpful for me,

Thanks.
    01-08-09 09:24 AM
    I'm pretty sure my phone is unlocked but can someone tell me what the MEPD screen will say when it's unlocked.
    01-08-09 09:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure my phone is unlocked but can someone tell me what the MEPD screen will say when it's unlocked.
    No way to tell as far as I know. Only way is to insert SIM card or get UNLOCK code and enter it. If the number is correct and entered correctly, it will give you an error.
    01-08-09 09:43 AM
    I called Global support to get my Storm unlocked and the woman gave me instructions on how to create and change a PIN. She then said that I was all set to put another carrier's SIM in to use overseas. Thankfully, due to these forums, I knew she was full of it. Called back customer service and touch toned my way into Blackberry support. Guy there at least knew what I was talking about, but said that I had to have had the device for 60 days before they could give me an unlock code. Guess I'll wait until Jan 20th to try again. Hmmph!
    01-09-09 12:38 AM
    Hello everyone I work in the Tech department of ATT and I own a Storm but I have not unlocked it. I have been reading alot of your reforums and I just wanted to give alil insite. For those that have IPHONE if your unlocking the storm you will not be able to send or recieve MMS for the reason that the data plan for IPHONE will not allow the MMS because ATT uses MediaNet setting for MMS and the IPHONE's don't use Media they use Internet setting. I have recieved alot of calls for that.

When getting a MMS on the IPHONE you have to go to one of two links "www.viewmymessage.com/1" or "www.viewmymessage.com/2" Thats just the way APPLE has itsett up and ATT goes by the contract they made. But didfferent devices data plans prevent from doing MMS and sometime e-mails on certain phones. So if you have a data plan on your phone you might run into MMS and e-mail problems if you don't have Verizon.

but I may be wrong, but I have not been able to get anyones to work yet because thesettings aredifferent and can't be reprogramed unlessyou reprogram thewholephone.
    01-09-09 01:18 AM
    have you tried dialing # # 000000 (send). change the first line "mobile directory number" to your number > hit menu > save > and the phone should reboot. after reboot, it should show your number next to "my number:" when you're in dial pad or call log screen.
    01-09-09 01:31 AM
    Hello everyone I work in the Tech department of ATT and I own a Storm but I have not unlocked it. I have been reading alot of your reforums and I just wanted to give alil insite. For those that have IPHONE if your unlocking the storm you will not be able to send or recieve MMS for the reason that the data plan for IPHONE will not allow the MMS because ATT uses MediaNet setting for MMS and the IPHONE's don't use Media they use Internet setting. I have recieved alot of calls for that.

When getting a MMS on the IPHONE you have to go to one of two links "www.viewmymessage.com/1" or "www.viewmymessage.com/2" Thats just the way APPLE has itsett up and ATT goes by the contract they made. But didfferent devices data plans prevent from doing MMS and sometime e-mails on certain phones. So if you have a data plan on your phone you might run into MMS and e-mail problems if you don't have Verizon.

but I may be wrong, but I have not been able to get anyones to work yet because thesettings aredifferent and can't be reprogramed unlessyou reprogram thewholephone.
    Have you tried searching or read other threads?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    01-09-09 09:12 AM
    I did this today. No questions asked. Easy, quick.
    01-14-09 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the info!
    01-20-09 01:41 PM
    Yes, if you are intending to travel overseas to somewhere VZW does not have a roaming agreement with a local cellco, so you need to use a local SIM for the duration of your visit.

Yes, if you need to use a local SIM (overseas) because your employer or customer supplies or requires it as part of the job.

Yes, if you are travelling overseas on your own cost and want to use a local (prepay) SIM to avoid extortionate roaming charges for voice, and don't care if you lose data service until you get home (you will not get BB data on most prepay SIMs).

Yes, if (like me) you sometimes need to test the SIM from another phone so you can prove to the IQ-zero customer that the fault is in his phone (or SIM).

No, if none of the above apply.
    Yes, if cellphone access is mission critical and you're in very weak VZW coverage areas and would like to have GSM carrier coverage as backup, without having to carry 2 phones.
    01-21-09 11:22 AM
    I did a battery pull yesterday and when the phone had started up it automatically downloaded the servicebooks from Telenor and I got the browser and MMS to work without having to install anything by myself.

As of today I'm connected to the BES at work and everything works so far

This forum has been very helpful for me,

Thanks.
    I have sort of the same problem but my carrier is Halebop and they dont have any Blackberry phones in their lineup. Is this "Service Book" thing not the same as the regular configurationfile they send you when you want to activate gprs/mms on a non blackberry phone? Because if that's the case then maybe i have to change to Telenor to get my browser etc. working.

I have tried pretty much everything i could find in this forum but i still cannot populate my "Service Book" or "Host Routing Table" for that matter. This is a Storm 9350 from Verizon that i hold in my hand.

any suggestions would be appreciated, there are manual settings that i can get from my carrier but i have nowhere to input them in the phone. I can set APN at like one place on the phone and that does nothing.
    01-29-09 09:32 AM
303 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD