02-28-10 02:58 PM
303 1234 ...
tools
    aww man!!!!11111
    11-24-08 08:14 PM
    This is where i dont understand. Now our unlock codes are esn specific.....So how does a person unlock a storm without being on contract with verizon??????
    the way i always thought it worked is an esn number is just a number that disquishes phones from eachother. the reason verizon would want this is so that verizon can tell which phone to send stuff to, and what kind of phone it is. each storm has a different lock code. so verizon needs to know the esn to find out which lock code works with that phone. my guess is the lock code is the result of putting your esn into some sort of hard equation.
    11-24-08 09:02 PM
    Once unlocked and on ATT shoudl enterprise activation work OK? Does it matter which network?
    11-24-08 09:19 PM
    I got my 2 Storms unlocked, but they asked for my verizon sim card numbers to register them on my account. Does this mean that I will not be able to use my ATT sim card in the Storm now?
    11-25-08 08:57 AM
    How can I unlock a bb storm if I am not a VZW customer?
    11-25-08 05:39 PM
    How can I unlock a bb storm if I am not a VZW customer?
    How did you get the Storm without a Verizon contract? Is it a Vodafone Storm or a full retail purchase from Verizon? If it is a full retail purchase from Verizon, call up Global Customer Support and explain to them the situation. They cant legally keep the phone locked to their service when you paid full retail for it. I dont know what info they will need from the device to pull up the unlock code for it, but it's in their database. Just be persistent.

If it's Vodafone, no clue...I live in the US.
    11-25-08 05:45 PM
    How did you get the Storm without a Verizon contract? Is it a Vodafone Storm or a full retail purchase from Verizon? If it is a full retail purchase from Verizon, call up Global Customer Support and explain to them the situation. They cant legally keep the phone locked to their service when you paid full retail for it. I dont know what info they will need from the device to pull up the unlock code for it, but it's in their database. Just be persistent.

If it's Vodafone, no clue...I live in the US.
    I got the phone from ebay.. It is from verizon, but i was not sure they will unlock my storm without having contract with them. I will follow your advise and call them. Thanks....

I tried in several unlocking web pages and told they are not able to do it yet... Is there any gsm unlocking page that can help me?
    11-25-08 05:56 PM
    I got the phone from ebay.. It is from verizon, but i was not sure they will unlock my storm without having contract with them. I will follow your advise and call them. Thanks....

I tried in several unlocking web pages and told they are not able to do it yet... Is there any gsm unlocking page that can help me?
    Your other option if you cant get anywhere without service from Verizon (as long as the phone isnt stolen) is to find a friend who has Verizon and ask them to do an ESN swap. Basically replace their device on their account with your Storm and THEN have them call Global Customer support and get it unlocked. Once it's unlocked, they can just add their phone back and you have an unlocked Storm.
    11-25-08 06:00 PM
    Your other option if you cant get anywhere without service from Verizon (as long as the phone isnt stolen) is to find a friend who has Verizon and ask them to do an ESN swap. Basically replace their device on their account with your Storm and THEN have them call Global Customer support and get it unlocked. Once it's unlocked, they can just add their phone back and you have an unlocked Storm.
    Great, I will see what i can do!!
    Thanks
    11-25-08 06:02 PM
    i bought my storm today and got the unlock code (and im not a customer) but how do you get it to work on the network. i followed the directions but it still not working
    11-25-08 06:04 PM
    made a call and it works but is it suppose to show t-mobile on my phone
    11-25-08 06:06 PM
    i bought my storm today and got the unlock code (and im not a customer) but how do you get it to work on the network. i followed the directions but it still not working
    Unlocking allows you to use another carrier's SIM card in your phone. You still need to have service from some wireless provider. Unlocking does not give you free cell phone service.
    11-25-08 06:06 PM
    i have service with t-mobile. making phone calls work. havent tried sms or email. my question is now. am i suppose to see t-mobile on top of the phone?
    11-25-08 06:17 PM
    ok, i just got the code from verizon. I'm a new bb user. Here is my situation:

I will use verizon domestically. But i travel overseas for work alot. My work uses att and pay for my overseas calls. After following this instructions, can I just put in the att card and change the network settings and be good to go when in london, brussels, etc? Thanks
    11-25-08 06:23 PM
    when i called verizon they said they could give me the unlock code but it would void my warranty
    they told me my warranty would be void if something happened to the phone while i was using the other carriers SIM. or something to that affect.
    11-25-08 06:49 PM
    i got mine unlock today but i doesnt say t-mobile on top it says "activation required but i can make and recieve calls.

any advise someone can give me on how to change that and to get my sms and mms and email to work?
    11-25-08 07:07 PM
    Okay mine is unlocked to tmobile and i can make and receive calls and sms messages. i cannot receive mms or send mms. i can go online and "tmobile" shows and "edge" show at the top of my phone. so the only problem im experiencing is sending mms i would try and it wont do it. i can receive the mms but i cant retrieve the image.
    11-25-08 07:18 PM
    doesn't verizon charge to forward calls to a none verizon number? I know att does. Thanks
    11-25-08 07:20 PM
    Okay mine is unlocked to tmobile and i can make and receive calls and sms messages. i cannot receive mms or send mms. i can go online and "tmobile" shows and "edge" show at the top of my phone. so the only problem im experiencing is sending mms i would try and it wont do it. i can receive the mms but i cant retrieve the image.
    how did you get sms and the browser to work cause mines not and im with t-mobile
    11-25-08 07:23 PM
    just completed all the steps, Thanks!!! But when I try to go online on att it says "there is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later". any ideas?
    11-25-08 07:26 PM
    just completed all the steps, Thanks!!! But when I try to go online on att it says "there is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later". any ideas?
    same here?
    11-25-08 07:28 PM
    i didnt do anything specific to get it to work. did you change your mobile network to GSM/UMTS?
    11-25-08 07:32 PM
    grr i hate ppl just buying the phone to use on other networks grr lol no offense
    11-25-08 07:32 PM
    yup i did that and switch it to 2g as well
    11-25-08 07:36 PM
    Here is my issue with unlocking:

I called VZW, got the unlock code, entered it onto the storm, and it said ok, code accepted.

I rebooted the phone, but if I go back to the SIM -> MEPD, it still says Active next to network.

Is there anyway to tell if it is unlocked? I dont have access to any ATT or TMobile SIM cards, as all my friends/family have VZW. I wanted to unlock it since I will be traveling out of the country next month.

Any ideas?
    11-25-08 07:55 PM
303 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD