Alright people, someone please help me!

I have a Sprint Curve 8330 that I need to get unlocked to use on Alltel. Calls to Sprint have been fruitless. I have been told everything from "Sprint phones don't work on other networks. I work for Sprint, I think I know what I'm talking about!" to "I can't unlock the phone because of security reasons." to "We have to activate the phone to have an unlock code for it."

I'm pretty sure that if I was able to install an older OS, I could uninstall the vendor file and unlock the phone that way (I think, correct me if I'm wrong), but I can't seem to find any other OS for this phone than the one supplied (4.3.0.127).

Basically the only thing I need right now is the ##XXXXXX# number you enter to program the phone. If anyone else has any ideas I would love to hear them. This shouldn't be this hard!
    06-03-08 02:27 AM
    ##779631 is what the tech told me to call when I was activating my phone. I believe this menu can be accessed in the advanced options menu. It's called cdma options or something like that.

FYI, cdma phones will absolutely NOT will work between different carriers. They're not just locked up. Many cdma carriers run their networks differently. In some cases, it would be technologically impossible for the phones to do certain features. CDMA is a not standard its a simple a division (or multiple access) technology that enables millions of phone calls over a limited wireless frequency bandwidth.

GSM however, is not a division technology. It's a mobile standard. it does use a different method to supply multiple access, but that's irrelevant.

The point is GSM is a standard that carriers and phones stick to. As a result, GSM phones can move carrier to carrier seamlessly. CDMA is a not a standard. As a result, CDMA phones are most often locked up and in no way move from carrier to carrier seamlessly.
    06-04-08 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD