I have a storm 2 with Telus. I told myself i would never go to Telus agn cuz cdma sms cannot be made to certain countries in europe. Cept i liked the storm 2 and came back.. phone works great but still can't make sms to czech republic properly.
    Can I unlock my phone and do a PAY AS YOU GO with fido? and is it easy to switch between the 2 (cdma and gsm)?
    and does anyone know how long txt stay in the server before it gets deleted? Sorry for so many questions.. Just wish Telus would just get a agreement in the countries i need
    01-16-10 02:34 AM
    Switching between CDMA and GSM is very easy actually, you need to change a single setting in Mobile Network options and it's done. You can unlock your phone (I recommend CarrierUnlock.net) and use it with almost any GSM carrier, but I am not sure what services Fido has, so probably the best would be to ask them (tell them you bought your Storm2 retail if they ask). I am not sure how long the SMS message stays in the server, but I don't understand why you would want to know that either. There is an option to leave SMS messages on the SIM card, maybe you want to use that?

Good luck!
    01-16-10 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD