I just got off the phone and got my unlock code. The guy told me if I unlock my storm it would be out of warranty. Is that true?
    02-25-09 07:50 PM
    I just got off the phone and got my unlock code. The guy told me if I unlock my storm it would be out of warranty. Is that true?

It is not.
    02-25-09 07:51 PM
    same exact thing was told to me just days ago. Funny thing is that she told me Verizon doesn't unlock phones AT ALL, until I had her check with her manager.
    02-25-09 07:52 PM
    I think you're referring to unlocking your phone (not SIM) using an unlock code from Verizon or a third party; this does not void your warranty. The person who told you that was mis-informed.
    02-25-09 08:01 PM
    From how i understand it it voids the 30 day return policy. Basically to prevent people from going overseas and then returning the phone.
    02-25-09 08:08 PM
    when i unlocked my phone i was told that they wouldn't be responsible for any damage caused to the phone from a non-verizon SIM... i'm not sure what kind of damage they anticipate, but that was what i was told. so basically, the answer is no, it does not void your warranty.
    02-25-09 08:16 PM
    Hey all,

I just wanted to give this thread a bump.

Today I received my replacement storm and I'm hoping to unlock it since I will be traveling out of the country. When I went on the phone, the lady told me that the phone's manufacturer warranty would be voided.

Now I did some research on this site and realize that based on what is known, the warranty is not voided. I'm curious, has anyone had an unlocked Storm replaced by VZW for free by the manufacturer's warranty?

Thanks!
    05-06-09 10:17 PM
    I'm curious, has anyone had an unlocked Storm replaced by VZW for free by the manufacturer's warranty?
    my GF did. I unlocked it for her, then the lock button quit working a couple days later, she returned it and got a brand new one....and i unlocked that one for her a half hour later, and slipped her AT&T sim in it.
    05-06-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD