has anyone heard of a universal sim? its this sim card that you put under yours and it unlocks what ever phone ur using....well i was wondering if any one had used this with a storm and if it worked...
    07-15-09 04:23 PM
    I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound possible. The locking is done in the software of the phone, so I don't know how putting any kind of SIM in the phone is going to change that.

But, hey, what do I know?
    07-15-09 04:41 PM
    its lots of ppl who say they work the problem is i cant find any blackberry users who can lay claims to this
    07-15-09 05:34 PM
    I would be skeptical as well.... Seems too easy to be true. Show me a actual example and I may beleve it. But a true unlock code is only ten bucks and they definitely work. So why mess around with a maybe ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 06:32 PM
    because my storm wont prompt me to enter unlock code after i put in mep2 so that was kind of my last resort before i have to sell it. I actually have an unlock code but i cant enter it
    07-15-09 07:04 PM
    I have the same problem as somnia. Is there any fix to this?
    07-15-09 09:37 PM
    did you try and fail too may times entering the unlock code? it may be permanently locked out if that is the case. I had no problems getting to the code entry window, just follow the steps as laid out in the unlock instructions
    Last edited by Falling; 07-15-09 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Typos
    07-15-09 09:45 PM
    no, i have not even had the opportunity to try to enter the unlock code. I just got my code today, and am extremely frustrated, because I don't even have the opportunity to enter the code.
    07-15-09 10:03 PM
    Follow the steps outlined in the instructions very carefully. There is no reason it won't work. first turn off network connections then you enter MEPD then MEP2, I think thats the letters anyway, whatever, just follow the instructions to the letter, it will work
    07-15-09 10:17 PM
    no i still have 8 attempts left. i cannot pull up the screen to enter unlock code so i cant enter in the wrong code and i have been following the instructions to the letter...please look at my other post, its better described there....i wanna keep this one focused on the universal sim. so has anyone tested this?
    07-15-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD