Here's something I've never considered. Would appreciate any help.

I have an unlocked Bold 9000 on Rogers. The sim card has been the same for years and I just transferred from phone to phone. I have an older Motorola phone that I want to give away. Assuming I obtain a code - how do I unlock this? Would I need to take the sim card out of the BB and put it in the old one? It's already unlocked - so what unlocks when you do the procedure - the card or the phone itself?

Hope this is clear enough. Thanks...
    01-10-10 01:59 PM
    The phone is what is locked not the sim card and you would need to use any sim card to unlock the phone. There are online services you can use to unlock the phone.
    01-10-10 02:11 PM
    Thanks! I do have a cheap contact for codes from when I unlocked the BB. I wonder if the unlocking procedure for a Razr v3t is drastically different to the BB?
    01-10-10 02:18 PM
    I had a krzr & found a app that did it for free...but that was a few years back & cant remember the name...do a google search..
    01-10-10 03:46 PM
    Was it p2k easy tools?
    01-10-10 04:01 PM
    Here's something I've never considered. Would appreciate any help.

I have an unlocked Bold 9000 on Rogers. The sim card has been the same for years and I just transferred from phone to phone. I have an older Motorola phone that I want to give away. Assuming I obtain a code - how do I unlock this? Would I need to take the sim card out of the BB and put it in the old one? It's already unlocked - so what unlocks when you do the procedure - the card or the phone itself?

Hope this is clear enough. Thanks...
    The phone is the only thing that gets unlocked. You would need to get the unlock code and then could give it or sell it to someone on a different carrier if you wish.
    01-12-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD