04-15-09 10:17 PM
27 12
tools
    So, I am now noticing that there is no easy way to put the phone on standby so that I can shove it in my pocket without pressing buttons inadvertently.

OK... so I see this "lock" icon in the menu. I hit it.

Great... looks good.

Then, when I go to unlock it, it says, "Screen is locked. Press the Lock button to unlock".

Sure.

And, where is this lock button?

I have pressed every button to include the actual lock icon next to that message.

So, after doing a search in crackberry... how do I unlock the screen without a battery pull?
    04-15-09 08:12 PM
    Top of phone, left side. You'll see a lock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 08:13 PM
    Top left of your phone. Hit the actual lock button.

04-15-09 08:14 PM
    Shucks... nope. No lock icon, button, or anything. You are talking about an icon that should be on the actual screen?
    04-15-09 08:17 PM
    No offense and not to be rude, but you are trying to be funny, right? Because if you were, you were very successful.

But if you are serious, on the top of the Storm, there are two buttons. Lock/Unlock and Mute. When I first saw the Mute button, I thought it would put the phone in vibrate mode (like the switch that Treos have on top) but it doesn't. It pauses/plays in the media player and actually mutes during a call.

I wish we had a small switch to put the phone into vibrate mode (damn my phone 10 years ago had this button - hold down # or something).
    04-15-09 08:17 PM
    On the screen itself... top left, all I see is:
    a battery meter
    a message "envelope" with a number next to it
    a "speaker" icon (ringer)

And no offense taken!
    04-15-09 08:21 PM
    Not onto of the screen. The black piece that says blackberry. Looks like its just a hard plastic top.
    It hides two buttons.

04-15-09 08:21 PM
    Thanks.

Man... that is a well hidden "button"!

Granted, I'm sitting in a low lit room, so those symbols were not even visible.
    04-15-09 08:26 PM
    Lol my friend had the same prob when he got the storm. Had no idea.

04-15-09 08:28 PM
    Doesn't it feel great when you find something new pn your phone?
    I love my BlackBerry

04-15-09 08:34 PM
    lol awwww, it's ok.
    04-15-09 08:38 PM
    I've got a few more questions... the next is "how to make the voicemail automatically dial the password".

I'll post it in another thread if I don't get a quickie answer here.
    04-15-09 08:46 PM
    Go into the phone app and press the menu button -> option -> voice mail -> password
    04-15-09 08:50 PM
    I use Visual Voicemail so I can't try myself, but try this:

1. Click on CALL button (green button)
    2. Press BB button (Blackberry button)
    3. Scroll and click on OPTIONS
    4. Click on VOICE MAIL
    5. Under "Password", enter two pauses by pressing BB button twice
    6. Now type in your 4 digit password after the pauses.
    7. It should look like PP1234 under "Password"

So now, when you press and hold down 1, it will call your voicemail and will pause automatically and enters your password for you.

OR

1. Click on CALL button (green button)
    2. Press BB button (Blackberry button)
    3. Scroll and click on OPTIONS
    4. Click on VOICE MAIL
    5. Click password with your finger
    6. Type in your password (without the # symbol after)
    7. Back out and save

They were both in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/

Some people reported using the original and someone else said the second worked for them.
    04-15-09 08:51 PM
    I don't know if this works because I'm using YouMail. But within the phone application (push the green phone button once from the home screen) push the BB button, then select OPTIONS, then select VOICE MAIL and then enter your password in the PASSWORD field.

Let me know if this worked... I'm actually curious myself.
    04-15-09 08:51 PM
    Ha! There isn't a phone app!

I looked at all the icons and looked into the application folders...

... hmmm, this is starting to sound familiar. Remember? About 10 minutes ago? Aw, but I was just a kid then.
    04-15-09 08:56 PM
    Wait are you kidding and making fun of yourself or serious? rofl
    04-15-09 09:03 PM

... hmmm, this is starting to sound familiar. Remember? About 10 minutes ago? Aw, but I was just a kid then.
    Just push the green phone button (the left button out of the four physical buttons you have on your phone, not on the screen) and it will get you straight into the Phone App.
    04-15-09 09:04 PM
    Wait are you kidding and making fun of yourself or serious? rofl
    I'm wondering the same thing myself.
    04-15-09 09:05 PM

Thats pretty funny man...ahhh....good grief....i love this place...
    04-15-09 09:09 PM
    Man... thanks again.

What's amazing is that, through you, my girlfriend thinks I am the genius! She sees me tapping away on the computer to solve problems (probably thinking I'm tapping off some sort of software code)... then, voila, problem solved.

The "green button" then "blackberry button" did the trick.
    04-15-09 09:10 PM
    No offense and not to be rude, but you are trying to be funny, right? Because if you were, you were very successful.

But if you are serious, on the top of the Storm, there are two buttons. Lock/Unlock and Mute. When I first saw the Mute button, I thought it would put the phone in vibrate mode (like the switch that Treos have on top) but it doesn't. It pauses/plays in the media player and actually mutes during a call.

I wish we had a small switch to put the phone into vibrate mode (damn my phone 10 years ago had this button - hold down # or something).
    actually the mute button would switch between vibe and ring profiles but it was only on .75, i liked this feature they should bring it back
    04-15-09 09:14 PM
    If you are serious... Find a drawer, put the phone in the drawer, close the drawer, walk away silently, do not look back, forget about it and go buy a Dare...
    If not, very funny. LOL
    04-15-09 09:29 PM
    wowwwwwwwwwww
    04-15-09 09:42 PM
    Wow lls.
    So, I am now noticing that there is no easy way to put the phone on standby so that I can shove it in my pocket without pressing buttons inadvertently.

OK... so I see this "lock" icon in the menu. I hit it.

Great... looks good.

Then, when I go to unlock it, it says, "Screen is locked. Press the Lock button to unlock".

Sure.

And, where is this lock button?

I have pressed every button to include the actual lock icon next to that message.

So, after doing a search in crackberry... how do I unlock the screen without a battery pull?

04-15-09 09:46 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD