Will I be able to buy a BlackBerry Bold off ebay via Rodgers and unlock it to use for T-Mobile? T-Mobile is not getting the bold, I've heard this from a very reliable source and I'm a BlackBerry fiend, I can't wait untill Q4 to pick up a Javelin, I gotta have the best phone out. So does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks.
    06-25-08 08:16 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

This can get kind of tricky...

You would be able to unlock the Bold, swap out the SIM and use it on TMo USA. The only thing is, you will not be able to use 3G because :

1) TMo has not rolled out the 3G network nation-wide
    2) Rogers' Bold will not be able to pick up the TMo 3G frequency

Sorry! I would stick with the Javelin, although it does not have 3G. The Bold would be nothing but a Javelin on TMo because the 3G would not work... and the Javelin looks bad@$$!!
    06-25-08 08:19 AM
    Thanks for the welcome. And the info!

I live in Michigan (GO BLUE) so I doubt I'll be seeing 3G anytime soon anyways. I might just go the rout of buying the Bold now and selling it once the Javelin comes out.
    06-25-08 08:26 AM
    i know huh
    im gonna get a bold also...probably
    06-25-08 08:31 AM
    Well... let me know how it goes if you guys decide to unlock the Bold and use it with TMobile!!

(And I cannot believe I actually helped / advised a Michigan fan!! The things CrackBerry does to you... ahh!)
    06-25-08 08:33 AM
    I'll wait for the J

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 10:03 AM
    I am 100 percent buying an AT&T Bold and unlocking it on tmobile. I don't much care about 3g and can live without it. For now... I want the Bold because I love the look, new styles UI and because I am real close to throwing my once beloved iPhone out of my car window on the 5 freeway.

06-25-08 10:09 AM
    I can't belive I'm taking advice from a buckeye, haha.

The Javelin looks slightly sexier, but other then the fact it doesn't have 3g, are there any other known differences betweem the Bold and Javelin?
    06-25-08 10:57 AM
    JasonBourne, you had me at "once loved iphone". i can't wait until i can have the functionality of BB again. i drank the "cool-aid" and lapped up the hype of Apple and jumped ship. Now, i'm stuck with a phone that locks up on me all day and cant even cut and paste. i hate my "sighphone". a whole lot of noise for a phone that turns pictures sideways when you turn the phone, laddy freeking dah!
    06-25-08 12:10 PM
    Unlocking it for AT&T should work fine right?
    06-25-08 07:10 PM
    Unlocking it for AT&T should work fine right?
    yes, but desperate.
    i like that
    06-26-08 01:11 AM
    Will I be able to buy a BlackBerry Bold off ebay via Rodgers and unlock it to use for T-Mobile? T-Mobile is not getting the bold, I've heard this from a very reliable source and I'm a BlackBerry fiend, I can't wait untill Q4 to pick up a Javelin, I gotta have the best phone out. So does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks.
    Some say the Javelin will actually have better specs than the Bold all except 3G. Almost everyone who compared them says the Javelin looks better. i personally don't see the big deal about the Javelin's looks... but if ur due for an upgrade you kinda wanna stick around for the Javelin. of course you can always trade later.
    06-26-08 01:13 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    06-26-08 01:15 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    thanks, it took the Bold to finally bring me here. now lets see what happens.
    06-26-08 01:17 AM
    Welcome to crackberry.com
    06-26-08 01:56 AM
    I am 100 percent buying an AT&T Bold and unlocking it on tmobile. I don't much care about 3g and can live without it. For now... I want the Bold because I love the look, new styles UI and because I am real close to throwing my once beloved iPhone out of my car window on the 5 freeway.

Before you throw it, slide it my way
    06-26-08 01:56 AM
    Heh....

Well...personally, I'm with Jayden. I have an iPod touch and it's a fantastic iPod. The iPod touch or the iPhone is great for *viewing* email and webpages, but it stinks when it comes to typing things. That is my one biggest reason why I'm a lot more excited about the Bold than I am about the iPhone 3G. I like checking on my email, sure, but I do a lot of typing on my phone, in im's and in forums like this one, so I need a real keyboard. And while the Pearl's keyboard is okay, I feel I need to move onto a real QWERTY keyboard, too. As long as the Bold is coming out, I would prefer to wait for that and buy it, then unlock it and use it on T-Mobile.

--Roxie

06-26-08 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD