Sorry for coming with a question again. I am obsessive with this gadget and I would like to ask the following.

1. Would the same unlocked blackberry, register without problem to 2 carriers simultaneously and with 2 BIS accounts? (I want to try the BIS internet speed of another carrier)

2. If I unlock my blackberry, will it remain unlocked even if I flash it with another OS ? (Will it be a completely free, unlocked blackberry for ever?)

Thank you....

Th....
    03-24-10 02:28 PM
    AFAIK:
    1. you are not able to do this because the BB service is PIN dependant, thus cant have it on two carriers at the same time.

2. i have done this many times and have had no problems, once unlocked, the phone is unlocked for good

hope this helps
    03-24-10 02:37 PM
    1. You could de-register the device from one carrier and then register it on the other carrier. As pointed out above you cannot register "simulatenously" on both carriers. Besides you;d need two SIM cards!
    03-24-10 02:40 PM
    Your Blackberry would have to be compatible with the "other" carrier. Radio frequencies do make a difference
    03-24-10 03:22 PM
    Thanks guys. This means that I depend on my current carrier whether I I change or not ?

What about breaking the contract with my current carrier by telling him that I am not going to pay again and simply go with a BIS account of another carrier ? Is it possible.

Simple or complicated?
    03-25-10 03:31 AM
    Sorry for coming with a question again. I am obsessive with this gadget and I would like to ask the following.

1. Would the same unlocked blackberry, register without problem to 2 carriers simultaneously and with 2 BIS accounts? (I want to try the BIS internet speed of another carrier)

2. If I unlock my blackberry, will it remain unlocked even if I flash it with another OS ? (Will it be a completely free, unlocked blackberry for ever?)

Thank you....

Th....
    It either works with one or the other. Can never have a phone on two networks at once.
    03-26-10 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD