Today I purchased a unlock code for my Bold 9000. I think I did the correct steps to unlock the phone because a window popped up that said "Code Accepted". I have two questions, 1. How can I verify that my phone is unlocked? 2. Is this unlock a permanent "life of the phone" unlock or is it just a temporary sim card unlock? I'm asking because I noticed I had to go to options/advanced options/sim card & I'm about to sell the phone on eBay, so I don't won't any issues from it not being unlocked. I hope the unlock still works when somebody else puts a different Sim Card in the phone.
    08-02-10 07:50 PM
    Whats unlocked always unlocked. you can verify by simply inserting another carriers sim card inside.
    08-03-10 01:08 AM
    Whats unlocked always unlocked. you can verify by simply inserting another carriers sim card inside.
    You mean once its unlocked its always unlocked :P
    08-04-10 01:03 PM
    Today I purchased a unlock code for my Bold 9000. I think I did the correct steps to unlock the phone because a window popped up that said "Code Accepted". I have two questions, 1. How can I verify that my phone is unlocked? 2. Is this unlock a permanent "life of the phone" unlock or is it just a temporary sim card unlock? I'm asking because I noticed I had to go to options/advanced options/sim card & I'm about to sell the phone on eBay, so I don't won't any issues from it not being unlocked. I hope the unlock still works when somebody else puts a different Sim Card in the phone.
    As mentioned above, once unlocked will always stay unlocked, even if you upgrade the OS, reset the phone etc...

To verify the phone is unlocked, you can go through the process again and after you type MEPD, Network should say Disabled/Inactive meaning the phone is unlocked.
    08-04-10 04:24 PM
    thanks homies, just wanted to make sure
    08-05-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD