I am traveling to Germany in a few weeks i was wondering if i were to unlock my device and use it over there, if when i got back and removed the SIM card, will it work they way it did with verizon before the unlock or no?
    07-11-10 08:48 PM
    Yes, if you have your phone unlocked you can use it with any GSM carrier all over the world. Once you come back to the US you will be able to get it working with Verizon again.
    07-11-10 08:50 PM
    do i have to do anything special to get it back?
    07-11-10 08:51 PM
    No, it should activate as soon as your put your Verizon sim back into the phone.
    07-11-10 08:53 PM
    I dont use the SIM the phone came with over here tho. I read you dont need it. I guess i need it if i unlock it then?
    07-11-10 08:57 PM
    If the phone doesn't need it now. It will not need it. Verizon is a CDMA network. When you unlock a phone you are unlocking the GSM side of it. Only a few phones have both capabilities. So when you unlock the GSM side of the phone it will not have any affect on the CDMA side.
    07-11-10 08:59 PM
    Ah i understand now

Thank you very much for your help
    07-11-10 09:00 PM
    No problem. Glad I could help. If you need help unlocking your phone please visit our website in our signature.
    07-11-10 09:01 PM
    I am traveling to Germany in a few weeks i was wondering if i were to unlock my device and use it over there, if when i got back and removed the SIM card, will it work they way it did with verizon before the unlock or no?
    Yup everything will resume to work as it did before you left.
    07-15-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD