Hey there folks!

i have a few little questions regarding unlocking, i figured i would turn to the best Blackberry forum ever to have them answered! I previously got at&t to give me a unlock code, because i live in canada, i told them i bought the pearl on ebay and wanted to use it here in canada, they simply gave me the unlock code. Today i called rogers and asked them for the unlock code so i could switch to Fido, but they refused, because rogers is a horrible company!
    Anyways, here are the questions

1. What is the best website for purchasing unlock codes
    2. Is paying $ the only option? or is there a good lie to tell my provider
    3. am i unlocking the sim card, or the phone when i type in the mmepd and the mmepd2 codes?

thanks in advance folks,

-Luke
    08-26-09 08:40 PM
    Thought once your phone was unlocked you can use any sim card you want for any carrier?
    08-26-09 10:15 PM
    My bad. the phone i unlocked was a different phone. I was being unclear, i have 3 pearls, but this one is a legitimate rogers pearl and i need to unlock it so i can go to fido. just wondering the easiest and cheapest way to unlock it.

There are people in the newspaper around here offering to unlock phones, and i know if they can figure it out, so can i. just wondering if anyone has any further information to help me out....

thanks.
    08-26-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD