I was just given the unlock code by Sprint.

The instructions are:
    1. IMPORTANT: Ensure SIM card in inserted into device
    2. IMPORTANT: Turn off the radio
    3. Go to Options -> Advanced Options and click on 'SIM Card'
    4. Type 'MEPD'
    5. Type 'MEP2' (NOTE: to enter MEP2, type MEP, press the alt key and then hit the 2 key
    6. Enter the unlock code
    7. Press enter
    8. Reboot smartphone
    9. Turn on the radio

My questions:

Is the RADIO the Sprint PCS network?
    I don't have a pre-paid SIM just yet, just the Sprint SIM that is in the phone. Is that the SIM they are referring to or must I have another SIM to unlock it?
    07-29-09 04:00 PM
    You are correct---just scroll to your "Manage Connections" icon and turn off the wireless connection or "radio"...as a matter of fact, you can just click the "turn off all connections" option till you get done unlocking the device.
    07-29-09 05:07 PM
    ok, first off you have two different radios in the tour. the first being CDMA which is what sprint pcs is on. the second is gsm which is what uses the sim card for overseas. to unlock it, you just need sprints sim card in there once it is unlocked, then you can put any sim card you want in there
    07-29-09 09:07 PM
    I too had called Sprint Int'l Dept to unlock my newly arrived Tour (x2). I did the first one yesterday, which the rep just ask me to make sure the Sprint SIM is in the phone and thus do the unlock procedure. However, when I did the second one this morning, a different rep told me "Specifically" make sure I have the Foreign local SIM card installed B4 I do the unlock procedure.
    I don't have any other carriers' SIM on hand to test which one works or not (as least in the States). But I'll try to post some update when I bring my **** over to Asia tonight. Hope all works out.
    07-30-09 01:25 PM
    Is there a way to check if the unlock worked? When I follow the instructions there is no way to see what I am typing as far as where the numbers are going in so I can only guess that is right. When I click the "enter" after entering the code the cursor moves to "personalize" but nothing else. I then pull the battery to 'reboot phone'... now what?
    I also had them unlock/provision my account for international services but again, how do I know its set?
    07-30-09 08:19 PM