I read just about the whole section on unlocking and still have a stupid question. Im unlocking a 8310 to use for tmobile. Some repliers said that you need an att sim card in the phone while youre unlocking it....others dont. Also some say you have to hold down the alt keywhen you type the mepd/mep2 and then there are others that say you dont have to. im confused i want to make sure and do this right the first time. Help!!
    Thanks a bunch!
    04-30-09 03:35 PM
    Well, from what I know, a sim card in it while unlocking isnt needed, and 2: - you hae ten tries before its stuck on the current carrier, so try it once with or without alt, then you'll get your answer I guess.
    04-30-09 03:37 PM
    Thanks! Im sketchy about the 10 tries thing...it usually takes at least 10 to get something right in electronics! Scary!
    04-30-09 03:40 PM
    Well, if so.. user error :P
    04-30-09 03:42 PM
    I read just about the whole section on unlocking and still have a stupid question. Im unlocking a 8310 to use for tmobile. Some repliers said that you need an att sim card in the phone while youre unlocking it....others dont. Also some say you have to hold down the alt keywhen you type the mepd/mep2 and then there are others that say you dont have to. im confused i want to make sure and do this right the first time. Help!!
    Thanks a bunch!
    As far as the MEPD thing goes, I haven't had to hold down alt. I do have to hold down ALT though when typing in MEP2.
    04-30-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD