I'm usually a very patient person, but I'm about to launch my beloved blackberry out of the window.

I bought my 8320 about 3 weeks ago of Ebay (there's a bad start).
    Locked to Orange, no problem I'll unlock I thought.
    So ordered unlocking code and waited.

In the mean time I dropped in a Orange PAYG card which made and received calls with no problems.

About a week ago the unlock code came through so I used it and unlocked the phone and thats when the problems started.

I dropped in my O2 pay monthly card and tried to make a call, but it won't connect as soon as press the call button it says "! Call Failed" .
    I tried putting in my PAYG Orange card again and it does the same.

Under, Mange Connections--> Service Status -->Voice Services.
    Connection: not available
    (I installed a Virgin PAYG and got Status Available and connection mobile network, no call though)

I searched these forums and done all the usual recommended stuff battery pull, reinstall os, turn off/on data, I even install rims os but nothing has worked.

More info: bb can find relevant network ie Orange with Orange sim, O2 with O2, Virgin with Virgin.
    Plenty of signal strength on phone signal.
    gprs lowercase (does this matter with standard calls? )
    not registered with blackberry service (phone is still connected with previous owner, so I can't register new account)
    Wi-Fi works.
    Data connection over mobile network don't.
    My O2 card works fine in my old phone.

Long winded post I know, but I've tried all I can think of, does anyone have any suggestion?...please
    10-18-08 01:42 PM
    have you tried going to options > mobile network and manually selecting the network for the sim card you are using?

I don't know if this will help or not though.
    10-18-08 02:32 PM
    Hi Hazysky.

tried Orange sim and tried O2 sim...no luck

thanks for the advice.

one thing I did forget to mention, which might be totally unrelated is when I insert my O2 sim "my number" shows as about 6 digits too long, I've tried the Options --> Sim Card --> Edit SIM phone number, but the edit screen doesn't display, when I click the thumb wheel with edit option selected nothing happens.
    10-18-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD