Just purchased my blackberry torch this weekend after seeing an add in my local newspaper, the phone is as new in perfect condition but here is the problem, i carnt use. i think its locked to the Virgin Mobile Network (UK) and im on orange so ive purchased one of these unlocking codes off the internet and ive been following instructions on how to put the code in but the MEP box isnt cumming up for me to enter the code

I go into sim card
    I press MEPD
    then MEP ALT 2
    And nothing happens the screen just stays blank and says this -

Personalistion
    SIM - DISABLED
    NETWORK - DISABLED
    NETWORK SUBSET - DISABLED
    SERVICE PROVIDER - DISABLED
    CORPORATE - DISABLED

Im beggining to get the feeling the phone is completley disabled and ive spent my hard earned money on a dud, Please can someone help and tell me what is going wrong or what im not doing

Thanks in advance
    07-12-11 03:26 PM
    If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.

are Virgin Mobile and Orange on the same frequencies?
    What happens when you boot with your SIM in?
    07-12-11 04:31 PM
    Thanks for replying, im new so what does the same frequencies actually mean?

But when i boot it up i get everything as normall, start recievieng signal, get the ORANGE UK signal at the top im just not allowed to ring or recieve or text, but saying that ive just discovered i can use blackberry messenger and surf the internet which is strange
    07-12-11 04:36 PM
    yeah that is weird, but if you can bbm and surf that means all is well for the PIN, have you called Orange to register the IMEI with them?
    07-12-11 04:42 PM
    I didnt know you had to register an imei mate? i just thought it was either automatically allowed on the network or blocked from the network, and if its blocked from the network my lifes runied and lots of money is wasted
    07-12-11 04:56 PM
    I think we should start over lol

1) Your phone is completely unlocked (DISABLED means unlocked)
    2) Is your Orange sim in the phone?
    3) If it is, call Orange, tell them you want to add a Blackberry Data plan on your account and give them the information they ask for.
    4) What does it say when you try to text/make a call?
    07-12-11 09:17 PM
    1) ohhhh right so its already unlocked?
    2) Ive tried it with my orange sim aswell as an o2 PAYG sim and no luck
    3) Ive already got a blackberry data plan on this simcard from my last blackberry
    4) when i try to make a call it says NOT ALLOWED
    07-13-11 04:06 PM
    Have you tried a different sim card? ?
    07-13-11 04:13 PM
    yeah ive tried a different simcard and stuff. Im starting to think the imei number might be blocked but i dont see how it can be if the internet and the bbm still work just not alls or texts
    07-13-11 04:31 PM
    have you called your carrier?
    That is the first thing I would have done with troubles like these.
    Please call them and report back.
    07-13-11 05:48 PM
    Im not sure what good thats going to do, ive tried the simcard in at least 5 different phones and it works, but i will try and report back yeh
    07-13-11 06:13 PM
    Just purchased my blackberry torch this weekend after seeing an add in my local newspaper, the phone is as new in perfect condition but here is the problem, i carnt use. i think its locked to the Virgin Mobile Network (UK) and im on orange so ive purchased one of these unlocking codes off the internet and ive been following instructions on how to put the code in but the MEP box isnt cumming up for me to enter the code

I go into sim card
    I press MEPD
    then MEP ALT 2
    And nothing happens the screen just stays blank and says this -

Personalistion
    SIM - DISABLED
    NETWORK - DISABLED
    NETWORK SUBSET - DISABLED
    SERVICE PROVIDER - DISABLED
    CORPORATE - DISABLED

Im beggining to get the feeling the phone is completley disabled and ive spent my hard earned money on a dud, Please can someone help and tell me what is going wrong or what im not doing

Thanks in advance

OK, so it seems to be that your Blackberry is already unlocked right.. and you know it.

But, i don't understand if it's a Blacklisted IMEI issue or a service book / BIS issue.

Any way... you should contact your carrier and ask the information from them.
    Just, know that if you insert a sIM card and it gets signal it's working, the data will work as you will activate it from your carrier (BIS) and then also you will need to update service book on your Blackberry so it can be used with services..

Then all the MMS/BBM things will work.
    The unlocking actually making the device available to setup for other carrier, but each carrier and their rules.
    07-13-11 06:57 PM
    I dont know if its unlocked or not its just says network - disabled and if you guys say that it means its unlocked then i will take your word for it.
    Ive tried ringing my service provider up today and we were on the phone for at least 40 minutes with no results, they had me checking the the connections were all switched on like i was a ****** and didn't know how to work my blackberry i had a bb bold before this one so i know the basics.

And when i insert my sim card the signal just acts as normal so appears as its going to work but just doesnt

Starting to think its 280 wasted
    07-14-11 10:21 AM
    Completely what you probably don't want to hear but I would try your provider one more time. See if you can get a better customer support rep. that can actually help you and not assume you're an ***** that cant use a phone.
    When you called then the first time did you actually let them know what you wanted to do or did you just tell them "Um my phone doesn't work."? Just curious...
    07-14-11 08:22 PM
    I said hello ive recently switched phones from a blackberry bold to a blackberry torch and kept my same orange blackerry sim, but the torch doesnt seem to be working? displaying signal but not actually being able to call people or text?
    07-15-11 06:48 AM
    Thanks for everyones help but this isnt a happy ending for me

The phone has been blacklisted and so wont work in the UK
    Nightmare
    07-15-11 08:09 AM
    Having the exact same problem!!!!!
    09-27-12 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD