What information do I need to unlock this device? I hv access to the previous owner

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 05:41 PM
    37 views and no replies- probably because nobody understands what you're asking about.....
    06-27-09 09:21 PM
    37 views and no replies- probably because nobody understands what you're asking about.....
    Lol u need to call vzw..and they will reset the pin..that's what I did

P.S I hate when u looking for help and u get a lot of views but no post isn't this forum is to help each other

06-27-09 09:30 PM
    Lol u need to call vzw..and they will reset the pin..that's what I did

P.S I hate when u looking for help and u get a lot of views but no post isn't this forum is to help each other

Thanks buddy. Did you have to give Verizon any information?

06-27-09 11:46 PM
    Bump

06-29-09 03:33 PM
    This thread is for people who have BlackBerry storms unlocked and on different networks. Please someone help

07-01-09 03:34 PM
    I'm 99.99999999% sure the info you're looking for is already on this forum- however, since you insist on bumping, someone might be able to help if you are more clear on what it is that you're not already finding.

Judging by:
    This thread is for people who have BlackBerry storms unlocked and on different networks. Please someone help
    I'm guessing you are trying to unlock the phone from Verizon to use on a GSM carrier like T-Mobile?

If so, go to Cell Phone Unlock Codes | UniquePhones and purchase an unlock code.
    07-01-09 03:53 PM
    I don't need an unlock code....the phone is used and purchased from a Verizon wireless customer. It isn't stolen but I can't find out how or what I need to do to get the phone to
    Download email because the device is still tired to Verizon network.

07-03-09 12:52 PM
    I don't need an unlock code....the phone is used and purchased from a Verizon wireless customer. It isn't stolen but I can't find out how or what I need to do to get the phone to
    Download email because the device is still tired to Verizon network.

you need to either get on a call with VZW and the previous owner or take said previous owner with you to a VZW store and have them Release the PIN so that you can use it. If the previous owner is no longer a VZW customer, you may have issues. If you are not going to be using it on VZW they may not want to do it either.

They will. They won't want to but if the 2 of you press them hard enough they will do it. If you are both VZW customers currently they will most likely do it without issue.
    07-03-09 04:00 PM
    Sorry to hi-jack thread and the noob question but how do I find my PIN? I have the Storm.
    07-05-09 10:03 PM
    Options> Status.

07-05-09 11:06 PM
    Hi,

Basically, for you to unlock cell phone, you have to encode the codes sent by the service provider. Once you input the right code you will received a confirmation from the services provider saying that the code is validated. In the event that you have no idea on how to do it, maybe you can just go to the nearest cell phone shops that might have the idea on how to do it. Or if you want maybe you can just repeat the process that you’ve did in the previous. Although is legal to unlock cell phone yet the manufacturer or the service provider is not responsible for any damage that might happen in your phone.
    Last edited by Michael66; 08-17-09 at 08:32 AM.
    07-10-09 06:40 AM
    If previous owner owe money. Its a tough one.
    But if not just get the imei and start a new plan w/ like tmobile or att. Someplaces gives cash back if you use your own phone ( $200 ??) . Just do some research.
    And here is how to get the "True" imei fom the phone...
    How to Get IMEI on BlackBerry Storm

Go To Menu -> Options -> Status -> IMEI : (15 Digits - All Numbers )
    07-14-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD