07-23-12 06:58 PM
28 12
tools
    Does anyone know if Rogers will give out unlock codes if you call in.
    03-11-08 09:45 PM
    I have read on several forums and threads that Rogers has a recent policy that they do NOT give out unlock codes for any reason at all, even employees don't get them. Your best bet would be to go to ebay and get one cheap, like I'm going to.
    03-11-08 10:35 PM
    I really don't understand how Rogers can legally hold this back. If one bought a phone outright (no contract) then really, Rogers is purposely limiting ones ability to use the phone in its entirety. I see it as if they are selling an incomplete phone.

It seems that they are closing the doors to competition and the choice for a consumer to choose one GSM provider over another.

Any thoughts?
    03-11-08 11:20 PM
    Pretty much

It enables them to sell specific phones and that for whoever wants that phone must sign with that carrier.

....Inless you buy an unlock code from ebay for like 15/20$ :P
    03-11-08 11:47 PM
    what does unlocked mean?
    03-11-08 11:56 PM
    It means you can use the sim card of another provider with your phone.

Example, if you buy a phone from Rogers, you can only use it on the Rogers network. If you get it "unlocked", you can take it anywhere in the world, Europe for example, and purchase a Pay As You Go package locally as opposed to getting dinged with roaming charges.
    03-12-08 12:06 AM
    Remote Unlock any ROGERS cellphone or blackberry - Ottawa Electronics For Sale - Kijiji Ottawa

Just e-mail them to unlock.. its only 15$ i did it to my curve....and they reply realy fast like less than 24/h
    03-12-08 12:37 AM
    I found only one entry on ebay that cheap and that was $15USD. If you have tried that service, and found it working, perhaps I will give that a try. Is it only for the Ottawa region?
    03-12-08 12:42 AM
    I dont think its only for ottawa region..cuz if you go to there web site they unlock other carries phones too so ya...and after unlocking i got one of my friends fido sim and tried it and it works so its unlocked..make sure when you e-mail them tell them you saw the kijiji add and it said 15$cdn
    03-12-08 01:09 AM
    I am traveling to the States and wanted to unlock my 8310. Just got off the phone with a Rogers BB Support Rep, don't think he knows what he's talking about.

He basically said Rogers doesn't supply unlock codes and that if I wanted to go to the States and purchase a pay as you go sim card there, they should be able to provide me with an unlock code.

Doesn't make sense to me how they would be able to unlock my Rogers phone, looks like I'll need to go through a third party.

So if I purchase an unlock code off Ebay or from a place like OmegaCell, what other costs are there?

Do I just purchase a pay as you go sim card from the States (ie. T-Mobile) for $15 bucks or whatever and that's it? Or is the sim card different from a pay as you go card, and i would need both?

What's the cheapest and most reliable place to get an unlock code? It needs to be quick as I'm leaving in two days.
    05-28-08 02:17 PM
    Hey,

You can get your phone unlocked at TimTechs.ca. Only $20.

Then when you're in the USA, buy a pre-paid simcard for 15-20$.
    05-28-08 03:49 PM
    I unlocked by BB for 15 dollars off ebay
    I then went to Radio Shack and bought a Motorola GSM phone from AT&T
    Pay as you go the guy there said I could use their address
    I just insert the sim card in my BB and all works well
    I basically got the phone for free after I bought a 100 dollar package got extra minutes
    I ended up getting 150 mins for 130 dollars
    The phone cost me a dollar a day only if I use the phone plus .10c a min
    06-03-08 02:18 PM
    This may be a silly question, but is the unlock codes different depending on the phone or does one universally work for that carrier ?
    06-04-08 07:28 PM
    This may be a silly question, but is the unlock codes different depending on the phone or does one universally work for that carrier ?
    Its different code for each imei number...but it would be cool to just have one unlock code for that kinda of phone...but doesnt work that way...
    06-04-08 07:33 PM
    I know there is a place montreal. But I don't know how much they charge.
    06-04-08 07:41 PM
    BTW - Is the unlock code the service code? When I worked at Sprint 's call center, they told us that the service code used to originally program the phone is the unlock code and to go ahead and tell individuals to key it in because they have no idea what the number is and will not write it down or anything when in all actuality it is the code which unlocks everything.

I wrote my pay as you go chocolate one down from telus before I really decided I couldn't live without a BB of some sort (I was bb free for two months, 2 days and 11 hours because I moved from where GSM was available before I broke down and bought one on Telus network) but I kept the number when I set it up. I tried to search rogers for programing instructions but came up empty.

I can't use this phone because there is virtually no GSM here except one tiny corner of the province. I should probally just sell it if I knew how. (I dispise ebay)
    06-04-08 07:43 PM
    Your best bet, in terms of unlocking ANY Rogers Wireless or Fido phone, is to visit cellunlock.net.

When you click a link to go there via this site (crackberry.com), you get a 50% off coupon code to discount your purchase. Here in Canada my price came out to $8.50 TOTAL! That beats pretty much anywhere you can find.

This is all done with the IMEI number on your BlackBerry. No shipping or anything, just an email with the unlock code and instructions. Be advised though to use the IMEI on your phone rather than the box, they warn that there could be variations. (Who knows?) Its not worth risking a hard lock (brick).

Cheers!
    01-15-10 10:15 AM
    Your best bet, in terms of unlocking ANY Rogers Wireless or Fido phone, is to visit cellunlock.net.

When you click a link to go there via this site (crackberry.com), you get a 50% off coupon code to discount your purchase. Here in Canada my price came out to $8.50 TOTAL! That beats pretty much anywhere you can find.

This is all done with the IMEI number on your BlackBerry. No shipping or anything, just an email with the unlock code and instructions. Be advised though to use the IMEI on your phone rather than the box, they warn that there could be variations. (Who knows?) Its not worth risking a hard lock (brick).

Cheers!
    Actually i found cheaper, www.quickphoneunlock.com does it for $4.99 and you get your code in less than 30 seconds money back guarantee.

And their customer support team was truly wonderful!
    ramxx likes this.
    12-03-11 12:54 PM
    Actually i found cheaper, www.quickphoneunlock.com does it for $4.99 and you get your code in less than 30 seconds money back guarantee.

And their customer support team was truly wonderful!
    I used them too, seriously amazing for 5 bucks!
    07-03-12 12:11 AM
    Yes rogers will get you an unlock code. Unfortunately that unlock code will cost you around $50.
    07-03-12 12:22 AM
    ramxx .. pure spam from that guy ..
    07-03-12 12:43 AM
    ramxx .. pure spam from that guy ..
    Before you troll, it was 2 posts. Calm your self, i thought i was replying to a different post.
    07-10-12 06:37 PM
    Show some respect. There are too many newbies here spamming up the forum. We try to keep a clean environment.
    07-10-12 09:41 PM
    If you Send me your imei number i can send you the unlock code, your carrier is rogers right?
    07-15-12 09:32 AM
    Blackberry phones sold by Rogers are locked with the regular Network SIM lock.
    The carrier Rogers is not going to give any unlock codes for their users but many unlocking services are supporting unlocking for any Rogers branded Blackberry model.
    07-16-12 01:00 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD