01-06-09 11:46 PM
28 12
tools
    wifi is for poor people

if wifi is available, I will be in a static location
    if i am in a static location I can take out one of my laptops
    if i can do that....why the **** would I use my phone?

hence, wifi is for poor people who can't afford laptops to travel with.

/thread
    Are you kidding? Many people ask for Wi-Fi because its a great back up option to your data plan. If i'm sitting at the mall waiting on someone i can browse faster, download and try out new apps and stream videos etc. Wi-Fi is especially useful for places where 3G networks are unavailable and you're stuck using EDGE or worse GPRS.

And last time i checked not to many 'poor people' could afford a $500 plus smartphone. Oh and its time to upgrade from a 8130 pearl richboy.
    01-01-09 11:46 PM
    remote admin tools can be ran from a netbook/laptop more efficiently and quickly than a phone, if you are doing that you are just posing and trying to not look like the nerd you are...
    Yeah, because I carry a netbook in my but when I go out to dinner and some impatient client calls with some issue they want ironed out immediately. But hey, you thought of everything... heavy laptop with wifi for everyone strapped to their backs.

In theory, by your analogy, laptops and netbooks with WIFI are for poor people too right... why not just strip WIFI off and just use built in HSDPA or EVDO? Yeah... that's what I thought... "practicality", not poorness. It's all about applied capabilities, not the monetary value associated with those applied capabilities.
    01-01-09 11:47 PM
    walking acorss campus lets you use the same connection the whole time huh...must be some nice free municipal wifi in that location, and a 1 in 10000000000 location at that, lets make a phone for those 40 people in that location using the device, great marketing idea

again, if you are watching an entire show via slingplayer, the EVDO streams it fine, but if you want to "sit down" and watch one...laptop.

and with verizon your data doesn;t affect your talk minutes, so there goes that idea. and whya re you surfing and talkiing at the same time? why even bother talking to the person you are on the phone with. and if you are on a long conference call again...laptop with wifi.
    remote admin tools can be ran from a netbook/laptop more efficiently and quickly than a phone, if you are doing that you are just posing and trying to not look like the nerd you are...

again, lapop with wifi.

and the main reason ATT has wifi isn;t as another "option" it's because thier 3g network footprint looks like an infant's foot. they offer it because their network sucks, same goes for tmobile...see how that works...again..poor companies = poor people

so summary.
    Wifi is for poor people

This is just dumb. I have at least 5 laptops, new and all, at my service which I can take with me wherever I want to go. But with a browser like the iPhone's/Storm's, I don't need it at all. Who wants to carry a big tablet which is heavy around with you all day? When you go to someones house, are you going to pull out your laptop for some browsing? No. What about in the mall? What about at nights when your chilling somewhere? But with your great browser on your cell phone you can browse high speed through Wi-Fi. Of course it can be done with 3G/EVDO, but just like everything else in the world, I want it *faster.* You'd save a lot of time with Wi-Fi. Since having phones with Wi-Fi, I've seen the need of a laptop a lot less important as it used to be.
    01-06-09 11:46 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD