I bought a Storm 2 9550 on craigslist. The phone is great and it was cheap. However, I am on ATT and can't get 3G on it. It's killing me with it's slowness.

I want to relist it on craigslist. Is it unlocked to all networks now? I paid a website for an unlock code. Is it stuck on ATT now? Can It go back to Verizon without any additional charges?

Thanks! The only app I use on the road is Google Maps and it works ridiculously awful in 2G.
    02-20-11 09:47 PM
    Yes. Once a BlackBerry is unlocked, it stays unlocked. It's a one-time procedure. And it's unlocked for all carriers.

Unlocking does not affect the CDMA (Verizon) side of the device.
    02-20-11 10:04 PM
    Awesome! I guess now I have to decide if I want to switch carriers (since my contract has been up for a while) or if I want to sell the phone. I really like it and don't like the price of the Torch on ATT. Thanks for the info!
    02-20-11 10:12 PM
    02-21-11 07:54 AM
    I bought a Storm 2 9550 on craigslist. The phone is great and it was cheap. However, I am on ATT and can't get 3G on it. It's killing me with it's slowness.

I want to relist it on craigslist. Is it unlocked to all networks now? I paid a website for an unlock code. Is it stuck on ATT now? Can It go back to Verizon without any additional charges?

Thanks! The only app I use on the road is Google Maps and it works ridiculously awful in 2G.
    A little research beforehand would have revealed that the storm or any verizon blackberry does not support att 3g bands. Yes you can go back to verizon as long as it hasn't been reported lost/stolen or tied to a unpaid account.
    02-21-11 09:39 AM
    Once unlocked means unlock for all the carriers. Make it clear .......... Thnx ...!!!
    09-13-11 02:11 AM
    Josh this thread is from february .. no point of digging it up!
    09-13-11 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD