Hello from France. Is it true that by unlocking a blackberry pearl you'll get only the voice features and not the email and messenger services? I have a pearl registered with Movistar Venezuela but I'll be a year in France and I would like to use it here.

Hope you can help me.

JC
    06-26-08 04:49 AM
    That is not quite true.

If you are referring to an 8100 or 8120 pearl your phone will function perfectly well after unlocking and the data will work too providing you have a data plan with a french carrier.

If you will be using a pay and go sim blackberry data cannot be added to this type of sim card. You would most likely need a contract with a french carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 05:35 AM
    Thanks for the quick answer. Yesm ny Pearl is an 8100, so your answer applies in full. Does anybody know the kinds of plans Orange offers for blackberrys? Is there any other carrier which works with blackberries?
    06-26-08 05:51 AM
    Orange uk is pretty good but whether the same applies to orange France is another question.

Vodafone is there too I think but they tend to be expensive. O2 is also in France but their price structure could be different from the UK too.

I am not familiar with the local French networks so hopefully someone who is from France or has been to France and used their BB with a french network can advise you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD