hey guys,

i recently took my blackberry pearl 8100(locked to Rogers) to india to use here, however in order to use it here i was told that i need some IMEI code first?? does any one know what this code is? or how i can unlock the blackberry pearl so i can use it??

Sorry im a little new to the blackberry and am not sure what the guy at the store was saying, he said he can get me the code and unlock it but is asking a lot of money to do this?? So any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time
    01-04-09 11:36 PM
    Imiei is under options then status and you will see the IMEI.
    01-04-09 11:57 PM
    In india, they rip you off for unlocking. Some people say that they've paid something like Rs 4000 just to unlock. My question is, wouldn't you have rather done it before bringing it back? Its not a big deal to get it done here but, you're probably wasting money

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 04:01 AM
    Hi Ahbood, the only thing under status on the pearl I have is: signal, battery, file free, file total, PIN, ESN dec & ESN (hex)

but this pearll doesn"t have a sim card does that matter? Thanks for your time!
    03-31-09 03:30 PM
    Hi Ahbood, the only thing under status on the pearl I have is: signal, battery, file free, file total, PIN, ESN dec & ESN (hex). Is there another way of getting this number?

This pearl doesn"t have a sim card does that matter? Thanks for your time!
    03-31-09 03:31 PM
    I would think it matters. Mine has the IMEI code.
    04-01-09 08:12 AM
    The fact that the phone does not have sim card does matter. but unlocking a phone typical is only usefull to cell phone that use a SIM card. the only other way to find out the IMEI number is to download the JL_Cmder (from my usefull tools thread) and use the "device info" option and it should give it to you.

if it still doesnt show up after doing that, you may have one weird case on your hand.
    04-01-09 08:41 AM
    Hi Ahbood, the only thing under status on the pearl I have is: signal, battery, file free, file total, PIN, ESN dec & ESN (hex). Is there another way of getting this number?

This pearl doesn"t have a sim card does that matter? Thanks for your time!
    Your phone is a CDMA device and therefore cannot be unlocked. A GSM device
    has a SIM card and an IMEI. A CDMA device has an ESN or MEID and no SIM card.
    04-01-09 09:53 AM
    Your phone is a CDMA device and therefore cannot be unlocked. A GSM device
    has a SIM card and an IMEI. A CDMA device has an ESN or MEID and no SIM card.
    CDMA's can be unlocked....
    04-01-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD