I have a BB curve 3G 9300 that was assigned to me while working for my company. My company has since closed its doors but i still have the device. The device is locked to Bell Mobility and i would like to insert a Telus pay-n-go SIM as i already have service with Telus.

what im wondering is if it would be a bad idea to unlock the device and use it on Telus? Since i technically dont own the curve, i was reading in some other threads that the PIN is linked to the provider and RIM, so even if the phone was unlocked and moved to a different carrier it could still be deactivated right?
    08-16-11 10:00 AM
    Once your company has cancelled their service with bell then the pin is open .. You can use it on telus once unlocked but you will not get any data on prepaid .. You will only get voice and text. Rogers is the only carrier currently that has prepaid bis plans for blackberry.
    08-16-11 10:20 AM
    I have a BB curve 3G 9300 that was assigned to me while working for my company. My company has since closed its doors but i still have the device. The device is locked to Bell Mobility and i would like to insert a Telus pay-n-go SIM as i already have service with Telus.

what im wondering is if it would be a bad idea to unlock the device and use it on Telus? Since i technically dont own the curve, i was reading in some other threads that the PIN is linked to the provider and RIM, so even if the phone was unlocked and moved to a different carrier it could still be deactivated right?
    You can still unlock it and use it. Most of the times the PIN will be automatically released by the previous carrier when the device registers on a new carrier. Only way to know is to unlock it.
    08-16-11 08:45 PM
    good luck with this...
    08-17-11 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD