I currently have a curve and have been waiting for the storm/thunder release, only problem is I have US Cellular who does not use SIM cards. They do have 3G, so would be able to use a unlocked Verizon or Vodaphone version?
    10-03-08 03:54 PM
    I know you're new to the forums but you didn't have to make a new topic on this. I was about to answer your question in the other thread. No, you can't "unlock" the CDMA version and use it on another CDMA carrier. If you had a GSM carrier this would be possible. Sorry.
    10-03-08 03:58 PM
    It is feesible if you can change an esn unlock the msl to either a set of numbers or no numbers carrier dependent and then a us cellular PRL and pri shouldn't be to difficult with the proper tools. Like right now I'm on sprint pearl on vzw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 02:08 PM
    maybe this is the same of what I was looking for....

I currently have sprint/nextel, a few months ago I got the 7100i and the ear piece broke and I'm having other technical difficulties. Anyway my sister has the blackberry pearl but it's t-mobile. Will I have trouble tranferring and if not, how do I go about it? Just switching the sim cards??
    10-06-08 09:07 AM
    I'm not trying to start any trouble or anything but why is it that everyone always says like "Unlocking for XYZ Carrier, is it possible?" If you want to have a BB Storm, wouldn't it be easier and everything to just SWITCH carriers to whoever has it or try to see if there may be one in the works for your particular carrier rather than saying, "Can you unlock the BB Storm so you can use it on Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile?" It just gets old and stupid after a while. That's just my 2cents though
    10-06-08 02:17 PM
    Can a moderator post a sticky of the "Things we know..." thread? This is frustrating everyone.
    10-06-08 02:21 PM
    I'm not trying to start any trouble or anything but why is it that everyone always says like "Unlocking for XYZ Carrier, is it possible?" If you want to have a BB Storm, wouldn't it be easier and everything to just SWITCH carriers to whoever has it or try to see if there may be one in the works for your particular carrier rather than saying, "Can you unlock the BB Storm so you can use it on Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile?" It just gets old and stupid after a while. That's just my 2cents though
    1: There is a very anti-verizon nature in alot of people due to pricing and what they do with equipment. I however have no issues with any of it

2: Carrier Loyalty - They love their current carrier, but want a device without having to leave them. IE. All the people that are excited about the storm on verizon that WON'T leave verizon, but wanted something fun and compareable to the I-phone.

3: Embracer of technology that isn't willing to committ to contract and enjoys the benefits of a certain technology.

One would think it would be just as easy to switch, but to some it's not. I would love something SIMILAR to the iphone, **personally I think it's a good step in the right direction but not the phone for me**. But personally I would NEVER leave verizon, been with em for years, and no matter how far behind they sometimes get I just wouldn't leave em. Don't fix what aint broken,
    10-06-08 02:26 PM
    1: There is a very anti-verizon nature in alot of people due to pricing and what they do with equipment. I however have no issues with any of it

2: Carrier Loyalty - They love their current carrier, but want a device without having to leave them. IE. All the people that are excited about the storm on verizon that WON'T leave verizon, but wanted something fun and compareable to the I-phone.

3: Embracer of technology that isn't willing to committ to contract and enjoys the benefits of a certain technology.

One would think it would be just as easy to switch, but to some it's not. I would love something SIMILAR to the iphone, **personally I think it's a good step in the right direction but not the phone for me**. But personally I would NEVER leave verizon, been with em for years, and no matter how far behind they sometimes get I just wouldn't leave em. Don't fix what aint broken,
    I understand all that you're saying, it's just frustrating. I mean, what are you going to do? Look on eBay for an unlocked Storm and pay through the nose? Or buy it at full retail and then look into trying to get it unlocked. I'm not sure if VZW will unlock a phone, even paying full price for it, if there is no service on the device since they probably know they'd be losing a potential customer to another carrier.

I too have been with VZW for years. I've tried Sprint, Cingular (when it wasn't with AT&T), AT&T and would NEVER, EVER leave VZW regardless of how long it takes them to get phones and whatnot. I love the service for the phone and things that I get done when contacting their customer service sections.

I just think that it's not well thought out when someone asks a question before the phone is even released.

Look at the one kid who unlocked the iPhone or whatever it was like a week after it came out. And if you read all the things that you had to do to the device in order to do it, I wouldn't even attempt it. Soldering and all that jazz! I'd rather just switch. Just my 2cents again though.
    10-06-08 03:47 PM
    you cant unlock a cdma phone it would be a esn swap its very different....vodafone im pretty sure is forced to sell unlocked version of all their phones so i think it should be possbile to get that
    10-06-08 04:29 PM
    you cant unlock a cdma phone it would be a esn swap its very different....vodafone im pretty sure is forced to sell unlocked version of all their phones so i think it should be possbile to get that
    The Verizon 9530 isn't your typical CDMA device. It's a hybrid device, and doesn't require any unlocking to use GSM.
    10-06-08 04:45 PM
    But it don't got American 3g because its supposed to be used on American soil with cdma so idk how true your statement is we don't know if it will be unlocked or not off the bat

10-06-08 05:27 PM
    "The Verizon 9530 isn't your typical CDMA device. It's a hybrid device, and doesn't require any unlocking to use GSM."

so if i were on a network like..AT&T. i wouldn't have 2 unlock the storm? just pop in a sim card?
    10-10-08 01:46 AM
  13. MarsVolt
    Because some people don't wanna wait till VZW's exclusive rights to the storm end.
    Same reason why some people pay 5,000 2 days before a phone comes out on ebay too. Its not stupid to unlock a phone though. But I can see why some people would want to unlock a phone that verizon only has. Many people dislike verizon since they charge for nearly everything compared to other carriers who offer you everything for a flat fee. Here's 98 cents now you have a dollar

10-10-08 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD