Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has unlocked a Bold from Orange UK?? I have just got one and trying to get the unlock code from freeyourcellphone.com (found out that they are one of the best in the business).
    Well its been over 10 days since I placed an order with the website and till date they have not delivered the code.
    So I just want to know if anyone here has gone through this waiting period to unlock the Bold from Orange UK.

Thanks.
    09-19-08 05:54 AM
    The waiting period with blackberrys is 14 days (my experience anyway)...

Have a look at GSMphonesource.com i think they state this on their site ...
    09-19-08 05:56 AM
    Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has unlocked a Bold from Orange UK?? I have just got one and trying to get the unlock code from freeyourcellphone.com (found out that they are one of the best in the business).
    Well its been over 10 days since I placed an order with the website and till date they have not delivered the code.
    So I just want to know if anyone here has gone through this waiting period to unlock the Bold from Orange UK.

Thanks.
    I have been waiting 10 days from Unlock Blackberry Bold | UnlockBlackberryBold.com they quoted 10 - 14 days. I have emailed them once to chase they said it WILL def take pretty much the whole 14 days which will be Monday

Hope this helps
    09-19-08 06:04 AM
    I used unlockanyblackberry.com, took about 11 days, although was originally quoted 3-5 days.

Edit - working days.
    09-19-08 06:44 AM
    From what I can gather 2 weeks is pretty much standard for UK handsets
    09-19-08 06:52 AM
    If you've got the Orange rental which is quite good, why do you want to unlock? 35, unlimited email, internet and texts and 600 mins calls is a good deal isn't it?
    09-19-08 08:11 AM
    I think there is a few reasons people personally mine is so I can use another sim whilst abroad. Recently been away and had to pay orange's ridiculous data charges!!
    09-19-08 08:13 AM
    Thanks bod! I understand that I suppose its also handy if you want to seel your phone on ebay and make a huge profit.

Not that I will be parted from my Bold for a long time - spent too much money getting it
    09-19-08 08:16 AM
    Yup re sale value is increased and this is some people's reason but as you say...........AS IF you wouldpart with your bold!!
    09-19-08 08:32 AM
    I got mine unlocked and it took 2 weeks overall. It is possible to unlock them so dont worry you will get your code.
    09-19-08 09:44 AM
    Yeah they just emailed me 5 mins ago saying anyday now
    09-19-08 10:09 AM
    well the reason for me for unlocking is that I live in Dubai. And since the phone is from UK, it has to be unlocked for it to work with the sim in Dubai. As the BOLD has not been release out here, everyone is getting them from outside the country.
    And yes I did pay a lot of dough for this baby....close to 400 sterling pounds....
    09-19-08 11:22 PM
    thanks alot guys. Now I know that im not the only one with such a long waiting period....
    09-19-08 11:42 PM
    I stole my wife's Orange upgrade (Ipay her bill and manage the account for her), then put my company Vodafone sim in it.

Just hope she doesn't find out.
    09-20-08 01:48 AM
    hahaha nice one...
    09-20-08 03:20 AM

Thanks.
    Just got one myself on same network - sent off for code - is it specific to IMEI supplied or will it work on any orange blackberry bold?
    09-20-08 10:22 AM
    Its specific to imei, when you order the unlock you have to give them the imei number and the network the phone is locked to.
    09-20-08 10:36 AM
    Its specific to imei, when you order the unlock you have to give them the imei number and the network the phone is locked to.
    thats true....
    09-20-08 12:44 PM
    I think there is a few reasons people personally mine is so I can use another sim whilst abroad. Recently been away and had to pay orange's ridiculous data charges!!
    hey there. I was just wondering if freeyourcellphone.com is responding to your emails. I have sent them 5 emails in the last 3 days, but they are just not replying. I'm very concerned as its been 14 business days since i placed my order.
    Let me know if they are in touch with you and replying to all your queries.

Thanks.
    09-22-08 09:46 PM
    the code I got from crackberry did unlock the phone and allows me to use another sim card - in this case O2 - but the phone is still registered to orange. Any way round, this as the person I got it from wont deregister it until the contract runs out.
    10-28-08 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD