Hello,

I'll be traveling to the Philippines and so I'm looking to unlock my BlackBerry Storm. (So, who do I use for that?)

Next, the Philippines GSM providers are Smart, and Globe. I'll be getting a data package/plan with voice from those guys (preferably prepaid), my question is, would my TELUS Storm, once unlocked, work in these GSM providers networks?

Thanks!
    10-17-09 11:13 AM
    Use any of us unlockers here on CB
    10-17-09 11:39 AM
    Your unlock storm will work with either globe or smart. Unfortunately, we do not have prepaid BIS here. If ytou get prepaid, you only get voicen txt and data but not bis. Also, there is no unlimited data yet here. You pay for almost all kb you use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 12:12 PM
    Your unlock storm will work with either globe or smart. Unfortunately, we do not have prepaid BIS here. If ytou get prepaid, you only get voicen txt and data but not bis. Also, there is no unlimited data yet here. You pay for almost all kb you use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ah, thanks.
    So, no prepaid BIS usage. I guess I'd have to get a plan then. How much do you guys typically pay per month in pesos for data usage? I'm going to be using BBM too (which btw, does it work over WiFi?)
    10-17-09 12:44 PM
    BBM will work if you have a active bis plan at the same time.
    10-17-09 01:04 PM
    BBM will work if you have a active bis plan at the same time.
    It doesn't work via WiFi?
    10-17-09 03:54 PM
    Still need to have a active bis plan its how it verifies your on a bis and the service4 books remain active
    10-17-09 05:11 PM
    It doesn't work via WiFi?
    BBM does in fact work over WiFI. Mine does anyways.
    10-17-09 05:19 PM
    Yeah and do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan as well?
    10-17-09 05:29 PM
    Hello,

I'll be traveling to the Philippines and so I'm looking to unlock my BlackBerry Storm. (So, who do I use for that?)

Next, the Philippines GSM providers are Smart, and Globe. I'll be getting a data package/plan with voice from those guys (preferably prepaid), my question is, would my TELUS Storm, once unlocked, work in these GSM providers networks?

Thanks!
    If you have a Blackberry Data Plan with any of the prepaid GSM provider you plan on using there, yes you will be able to use all features.

We can help you unlock your Storm.
    10-17-09 11:37 PM
    Yes, unlocking your Storm will definately allow you access to the features, whether they're offered in the Phillipines or not is beyond me..but yes, you will need a BIS data plan to use BBM, otherwise anyone with a BB on wifi could use it
    10-18-09 02:18 PM
    Great, thanks a lot guys!
    10-18-09 03:35 PM
    No thank you for the business and support!
    10-18-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD