11-11-09 03:47 PM
38 12
tools
    Hmmm so if I were to develop a program to generate the code, then distribute them for free, I would make a lot of people angry?
    11-10-09 10:37 PM
    Lol I think a wiser business move would be to sell it rather than develop software and give it away! haha

Angry...maybe......but atleast make yourself some money while doing it!!!
    11-10-09 10:39 PM
    Yeah I think if I were to take the time to make the app and make the generator, I would probably sell it. Or trade the codes for goods
    11-10-09 10:42 PM
    Good Luck
    11-10-09 10:43 PM
    Most other devices (non-BB) display that message when a non branded carrier sim is inserted.
    it's the same SIM i ran in my S1 with the 4.7 OS (ran 4.7 OS when I unlocked it) Must be something new to 5.0 OS?
    11-10-09 11:31 PM
    Could be, I'm starting to notice minor differences starting to pop on 5.0 OS
    11-11-09 12:02 AM
    In my S1, when I first updated it to 5.0.0.328, it asked me if I wanted to use GSM or CDMA or auto... I thought it was weird and just hit auto
    11-11-09 12:28 AM
    In my S1, when I first updated it to 5.0.0.328, it asked me if I wanted to use GSM or CDMA or auto... I thought it was weird and just hit auto
    mine did that each time I upgraded the OS on my S1...that was either 4.7 or 5.0 OS's too. that's not unique to just 5.0...like the MEP pop up screen when I put my SIM in it. when I unlocked my S1, I had to go through, options, adv options, SIM, etc..etc..
    Last edited by TazXJ; 11-11-09 at 10:29 AM.
    11-11-09 10:27 AM
    Yes you can unlock a phone thats not in use and sell it. In order to use your code on a Storm, follow these steps:

Hello,

Please follow these steps EXACTLY:

1. Power on the handset (wireless option should be off)
    2. Insert any SIM card
    3. Turn off all wireless connections (Options > Manage Connections)
    4. Select Advanced Options
    5. Select SIM Card
    6. Select Menu to show keyboard
    7. Type mepd (you will not see what you are typing)
    8. Based on the status screen
    9. Type mep2 ('2' is ALT + E). A pop-up window will appear: Enter Network MEP Code (255 left)
    10. Enter the unlockcode:
    11. Press Enter, 'Code Accepted!' will be displayed
    12. Turn on data and wireless connections
    13. Device is unlocked!

NOTE:
    1. * After unlocking your phone, please make sure your handset is set to GSM.
    Go to Options > Mobile Networks > Network Mode: GSM
    2. ** Make sure all your mobile connections are on. - Options > Manage Connections > Turn on Mobile Connections

Ofcourse! Just switch between GSM and CDMA in your Mobile Networks menu (under options)

3rd party unlockers, such as myself and many other reliable unlockers on this forum are the people that you come to for either FAST results, extensive troubleshooting (depending on who you go with), to save from contacting your provider directly, or if you can't get the code from your provider for whatever reason. We produce the same codes as Verizon or any other provider and the codes serve the same service..to unlock your phone for use on other providers' networks

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
    Hey thanks for this. I think im goig to buy a code because Verizon wireless is acting clueless. Unlocking my phone will not mess it up anyway will it? It will still perform every function like its supposed to. Now I just have to choose a unlocking company for my old s1 phone.
    11-11-09 10:51 AM
    Hey thanks for this. I think im goig to buy a code because Verizon wireless is acting clueless. Unlocking my phone will not mess it up anyway will it? It will still perform every function like its supposed to. Now I just have to choose a unlocking company for my old s1 phone.
    i ran my old S1 from July-Nov like that...zero probs. friend who bought my S1 using AT&T has zero probs with it either. I've been running my S2 w.o probs unlocked since monday.

i'd ask carrier unlock in this thread...
    11-11-09 11:38 AM
    Unlocking it will not due anything physical or to the software on it. Just removes the carrier restriction on it.
    11-11-09 11:47 AM
    Well if you cant get your unlock code from the provider, we supply them quick and for a low price. Unlock code delivered to you in minutes. Check us out we specialize in blackberry's unlocking Storm/Storm2 or any blackberry for that matter. 100% guarantee

Home
    11-11-09 02:15 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me when I got my 2 S2's I had my S1 unlocked before and they said just because I upgraded my phone I couldn't get a new code because their policy is 1 every 10 months they would only if it was because the other phone was damaged and replaced with a new one so I hung up and called right back and spoke to someone else and just told them that I got the new storm cause the other was not working and the girl gave me the codes for 2 S2's and even the new replacement S1 I just received. I think it just depends on the rep you speak with some are cool some are stupid.
    11-11-09 03:47 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD