11-11-09 04:47 PM
38 12
tools
    Well, I *JUST* got off the phone with Global Support after 25 mins, they were NOT going to let me unlock my new S2 at first, until I pointed out that I never received the confirmation/disclaimer e-mail from them (i guess stating this 10 month period info) that they send out. the dude who gave me my MEP code never asked me for my e-mail when I unlocked my S1 in July .

So on that techncality....I got my unlock code

BUT...has anyone heard this before: they would NOT let me unlock my S2 because they say I can only unlock one phone per line in a 10mo period. (I'm on a single plan anyway, with corp discount.)

anyone heard of that?
    11-09-09 02:48 PM
    I unlocked my tour last month, then unlocked my storm1 this month.

They didn't say anything at all about 10 months waiting period and were pretty eager to unlock it for me.

Call back and see if someone else will do it.
    11-09-09 03:37 PM
    I heard that too. I got my S1 unlocked a week ago, and they said somethign about only being able to do it once every 10 months. But like you said, they never sent me any disclaimer email or anything...
    11-09-09 03:56 PM
    oh i got the code on a technicality....just wondering if anyone else heard of this 10 month wait period...
    11-09-09 03:56 PM
    +1 If you email them from the Contact Us section of the website you'll get a response, with your code, stating that you can only get a code once every 10 months. That being said I had no trouble when I called global services getting my S2 unlocked, despite the fact that I'd unlocked my S1 about 30 days ago. I don't think it's a strictly enforced policy, though it is apparently a policy.
    11-09-09 03:59 PM
    so I can just email them with my phone info and they will give me the code?
    11-09-09 04:01 PM
    I don't think it's a strictly enforced policy, though it is apparently a policy.
    I agree. I think it's more of a "if we need to refuse you, we have something" type of policy. If they think you are buying phones, unlocking and selling them, then it's a lot easier to point to a rule than to simply say no.
    11-09-09 04:04 PM
    I agree. Besides, I get it all done through my cousin just call him up and give him my info and he gives me the code without the BS of calling Global Support lol
    11-09-09 04:17 PM
    They told me the same thing when I unlocked my 9530. I did not even try with the 9550, just got the unlock code online for $6.99--worked like a charm.
    11-09-09 05:09 PM
    so if we want to get our devices unlocked but still keep them, they work as they normally would right? And if we wanted to sell them at a later point we could.
    11-09-09 05:27 PM
    Yes manofice, that is correct. I had my S1 unlocked, and never noticed a difference.
    11-09-09 05:36 PM
    i unlocked my 5th S1 in July, and sold it for $225 on the day i got my S2 to an AT&T customer.
    11-09-09 06:38 PM
    lol I wonder how well that worked. I was going to try my S1 when it was unlocked, on my friends T-Mobile account. But I never got around to it
    11-09-09 06:47 PM
    so I can just email them with my phone info and they will give me the code?
    Yes. Go to Contact Us and about halfway down on the left is a drop-down to "Send an Email." Select "I receive a monthly statement" -> next. Fill in your info. Select Network & Coverage then International. Type them up a nice friendly little email requesting your unlock code. I got mine for my S1 in like 6 hours. It's faster to do it by phone still though. Global services' number is 800-711-8300. Select opt 3 and you're off and running.
    11-09-09 06:55 PM
    lol I wonder how well that worked. I was going to try my S1 when it was unlocked, on my friends T-Mobile account. But I never got around to it
    Works just fine
    11-09-09 06:58 PM
    Problem is, its my mom's account, not mine lol. I dont think she knows tha tI know the login info for the account... I had to use it before to get the unlock code for my S1
    11-09-09 07:01 PM
    sounds really strange
    11-10-09 07:42 AM
    I still prefer the free method. It's entirely legitimate (not saying that some unlockers aren't) and it's a service that's provided to me for my convenience, as part of my contract. Unless I didn't have a line with the carrier whose phone I was trying to get unlocked I can't imagine paying before trying to get it for free. Just saying...
    11-10-09 07:47 AM
    Once I get my unlock code what do I do with it to make it unlocked? Also can I unlock a phone that im not currently using so I can sell it to anybody that has a different cell provider than Verizon? Thanks for the answers.
    11-10-09 08:51 AM
    What does unlocking your phone do?
    11-10-09 10:15 AM
    hi there,

i am also planning to unlock the storm2 for using the phone outside US, my question is, are the 3rd parties safe for unlocking the phone, am i able to use the phone with its all capabilities or should i get the unlock code of the phone from verizon? what is the difference between the 3rd party unlock code and the unlock code of verizon?

thank you for the answer
    11-10-09 02:47 PM
    i noticed that when I unlocked my S2, I pulled the battery out, stuck my SIM in it, put the battery in, let it boot up, it came up with a screen ive never seen on the S1 before. it asked if I wanted to type in my MEP code, right on the home screen....so I did (on my S2 it was only 8 characters long, instead of 10 like my S1), viola...it was unlocked.
    11-10-09 07:19 PM
    Most other devices (non-BB) display that message when a non branded carrier sim is inserted.
    11-10-09 08:52 PM
    I want to unlock my STorm 2 9550 which is on Verizon network to use on ATT. After I do this will it ever work on Verizon network?
    11-10-09 09:14 PM
    Once I get my unlock code what do I do with it to make it unlocked? Also can I unlock a phone that im not currently using so I can sell it to anybody that has a different cell provider than Verizon? Thanks for the answers.
    Yes you can unlock a phone thats not in use and sell it. In order to use your code on a Storm, follow these steps:

Hello,

Please follow these steps EXACTLY:

1. Power on the handset (wireless option should be off)
    2. Insert any SIM card
    3. Turn off all wireless connections (Options > Manage Connections)
    4. Select Advanced Options
    5. Select SIM Card
    6. Select Menu to show keyboard
    7. Type mepd (you will not see what you are typing)
    8. Based on the status screen
    9. Type mep2 ('2' is ALT + E). A pop-up window will appear: Enter Network MEP Code (255 left)
    10. Enter the unlockcode:
    11. Press Enter, 'Code Accepted!' will be displayed
    12. Turn on data and wireless connections
    13. Device is unlocked!

NOTE:
    1. * After unlocking your phone, please make sure your handset is set to GSM.
    Go to Options > Mobile Networks > Network Mode: GSM
    2. ** Make sure all your mobile connections are on. - Options > Manage Connections > Turn on Mobile Connections

I want to unlock my STorm 2 9550 which is on Verizon network to use on ATT. After I do this will it ever work on Verizon network?
    Ofcourse! Just switch between GSM and CDMA in your Mobile Networks menu (under options)

hi there,

i am also planning to unlock the storm2 for using the phone outside US, my question is, are the 3rd parties safe for unlocking the phone, am i able to use the phone with its all capabilities or should i get the unlock code of the phone from verizon? what is the difference between the 3rd party unlock code and the unlock code of verizon?

thank you for the answer
    3rd party unlockers, such as myself and many other reliable unlockers on this forum are the people that you come to for either FAST results, extensive troubleshooting (depending on who you go with), to save from contacting your provider directly, or if you can't get the code from your provider for whatever reason. We produce the same codes as Verizon or any other provider and the codes serve the same service..to unlock your phone for use on other providers' networks

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
    11-10-09 11:25 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD