I wont an unlock code from one of the contests . now my concern is what are the implications of unlocking my phone aside of being used on other carriers...what changes or issues i could expect with my current carrier if any? ( im on t mo) do I have to call them and let them know of the change/unlock? any info is welcomed ty

DK
    08-04-09 10:43 AM
    Unlocking your phone allows you to take your phone to another carrier and use a different simcard incase you travel out of the US.
    08-04-09 05:47 PM
    Unlocking your phone won't affect your current service at all. You don't have to notify anybody that your phone is unlocked. Tons of us got in on CellUnlock.net's CrackBerry free unlock promotion a few months ago. The only thing unlocking does is remove the firmware lock that prevents the phone from reading a non-TMo SIM.

Like Carnag3 said, it's useful if you travel and want to use a foreign SIM. It also increases the resale value of your phone, because it can now be used with any GSM carrier (that would be TMo and AT&T here in the states).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD