I have the Blackberry Bold 9700, and I want to know what is the latest firmware of it, that can still be unlocked? And if there's a website that has the firmware to download.
    12-25-10 12:54 AM
    Unlocking does not require a certain firmware. Any OS version can be unlocked as long as you have the right unlock code. If you looking for a quick and cheap unlock there are plenty of unlocks on these forums that can help.

I recommend cellunlock or freethisberrydotcom. Both fast and reliable.. Through any unlocker now I would expect a slightly slower turn around time as its Christmas
    12-25-10 12:56 AM
    I have the Blackberry Bold 9700, and I want to know what is the latest firmware of it, that can still be unlocked? And if there's a website that has the firmware to download.
    1. Downgrading or upgrading the OS won't affect the "unlocked" status, since when you unlock it, it's like that forever.
    2. There should be at least 9 or more stores or shops in your area that do unlocking for $5-25 depending on what they charge. It's better than waiting online lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 03:47 AM
    Or contact your carrier. Most will do it and its free.

12-25-10 06:41 AM
    OP just to clarify... Unlock means to be able to use a carrier branded phone on any network. Also, any 9700 OS will work on any carrier's device. Just be sure to follow the instructions in these forums, especially, deleting the vendor.xml file first.

12-25-10 06:59 AM
    Well the phone is already unlocked, and I just got it, so I dont think I'd need to back anything up. And ok, just thought that it'd lock again if I upgraded or something, like the iPhone.
    12-25-10 12:28 PM
    No it will not lock if you upgrade or downgrade the OS.
    12-25-10 02:42 PM
    Once it is unlocked, it is unlocked, and will stay that way. You can load 600 different OS's on it, and it will remain unlocked.
    12-25-10 04:45 PM
    You know, I went through h*ll trying to get my unlock code from AT&T .. spoke with 5 different reps and each one gave me a different answer as to why they couldnt give me the codwe.. Which is odd considering I keep reading how so many people are getting their codes from AT&T. Anyway, I think that's really messed up. Finally ran across a page on the AT&T website that said they wont provide unlock codes for several reasons... one of which are phones (bold included) which afre exclusive to AT&T. So, did some searching and ran across a service that provides instant unlock codes for $5. FWIW Unlock Blackberry Online Instantly for $5 .. Hope you all have an amazing Holiday season!
    12-26-10 11:07 AM
    You know, I went through h*ll trying to get my unlock code from AT&T .. spoke with 5 different reps and each one gave me a different answer as to why they couldnt give me the codwe.. Which is odd considering I keep reading how so many people are getting their codes from AT&T. Anyway, I think that's really messed up. Finally ran across a page on the AT&T website that said they wont provide unlock codes for several reasons... one of which are phones (bold included) which afre exclusive to AT&T. So, did some searching and ran across a service that provides instant unlock codes for $5. FWIW Unlock Blackberry Online Instantly for $5 .. Hope you all have an amazing Holiday season!
    Aren't they suppose to give you an unlock code if you have no contract with them by law? Cause here in Canada if you don't have a contract with them they must give you an unlocked code if you request one.

12-26-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD