hey

i recently found a blackberry 8800 on the rogers network, the battery was dead so i came home and charged it w my moto razr charger and it turned on however i left it on for a few days hopin somone would call it but no deals, id check the phonebook but its locked and i cant get into the phone (i even tried puttin the sim into my razer, and my sim into the bberry but no deals its still locked) is there any way i can unlock this phone or atleast get the phone book info????

thanks, any help would be appreciated
    05-27-08 12:47 AM
    Hi - to unlock it just enter a fake password in until it reboots and formats itself.

Once it has restarted type *#06# to find the IMEI. You can then contact Rogers and give them the IMEI and they will be able to trace the original owner that you have their phone and they can come and get it.

Hope this helps
    05-27-08 01:53 PM
    The IMEI is frequently on a sticker under the battery. If you can get it from there, you won't have to wipe the phone, saving the info in case it wasn't backed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 01:57 PM
    i already had gone to rogers and the guy checked under the battery and the sim but said he was unable to retrieve the right info....i asked him what would happen if i kept entering fake passwords as stated above (theres only 10 attempts) and he said the phone would permanantly lock itself and it would become useless??? is this true or would it actually reset and still work after the 10 attempts have been used?

thanks
    05-27-08 02:42 PM
    After 10 wrong attempts, you'll be prompted to enter the word "blackberry." The phone will then wipe itself back to the factory out-of-the-box condition and reset the password. The phone will then be usable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD