In just 5 minutes of running the ... i get this error saying that
    LOAD IMAGE FLASH FAILED (MFI-16302-028)
    and the process stops right there with a black screen and the red light. Im able to restore my Curve 8330 by going directly to the apploader and restore my previous OS, which is verizon. But i want to unlock my BB so I can use it with another carrier.

The error also reads
    The OS software has not been updated to support this version of hardware yet. Either get an older version of hardware, or wait for the OS to be updated.

So, the only thing Im trying to do is unlocking it with MFI, which should be a easy thing, I have done it before.
    INFO
    NOT using internet while running MFI
    Tried with severals packs of the 8 files of MFI, in case something was corrupted.
    Using the 3.9.0.29 version of MFI

So, hope anyone has a clue on this
    Thanks everyone!!
    12-13-09 09:56 PM
    The Blackberry Curve 8330 for Verizon is a CDMA device and does not have world edition (Dual CDMA / GSM) capabilities. Unlike the 8830 WE or the Storm, the Curve 8330 cannot be unlocked for use on GSM networks.

MFI multiloader will not work with the Curve 8330.
    12-14-09 09:44 AM
    If you are trying to unlock a 8330 it won't be possible because it doesn't even have a sim card slot. MFI you will not find it here as its not allowed to be discussed.
    12-14-09 10:23 AM
    oh ok then, this is confusing, i have used that program to 'unlock' another curve 8330.
    So my problem is that i have a verizon 8330, and i want t use it with another carrier, could you point me in the right direction ?

thank you guys !
    12-14-09 09:04 PM
    You mean flashing, flashing and unlocking is TWO different terms altogether.
    12-14-09 09:07 PM
    Just like it says above, the 8330 cannot be used on a GSM network regardless of how many different ways you try to unlock it
    12-14-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD