When I unlock the keyboard (a + Send button), my Curve brings up the last application I was using, even though I locked the keyboard while on the home screen.

Why does it do this, and can it be turned off? I would prefer to see the home screen rather than the last app.
    09-19-08 01:04 PM
    Why not try properly closing apps? Menu>close. See if this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 01:06 PM
    Why not try properly closing apps? Menu>close. See if this helps.

Doesn't work. It only happens to native programs, like BB Messenger, SMS/Text, Browser, etc. If I lock the keyboard after using and closing Gmail or Opera, it will open the last used native program.
    09-19-08 01:09 PM
    Hmm..... What OS are you running?

09-19-08 01:11 PM
    v4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.72)
    09-19-08 01:13 PM
    BUMP

I hope someone in the know can give me an answer on this. It's very annoying to unlock the keyboard and have the Browser immediately start loading on its own. Anyone?
    10-01-08 01:43 PM
    Wow. I can't believe you are still having an issue with this!

Did you perhaps try a different theme?
    10-01-08 01:44 PM
    It does it with every theme.

First person to solve this gets a cookie!
    Last edited by ryetronics; 10-01-08 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added more info
    10-01-08 01:51 PM
    Doesn't work. It only happens to native programs, like BB Messenger, SMS/Text, Browser, etc. If I lock the keyboard after using and closing Gmail or Opera, it will open the last used native program.
    Using Gmail and Google Maps here and a few other non native Apps, and all of them when closed out properly do not show up when I unlock my keypad.

When you Switch task, does it show Gmail and Opera as still loaded after you unlock the keypad? If so you didn't actually close the apps before locking the keypad.

Using END or ESC does not close them, just pushes them to the background. At least on this 8320 Curve.
    10-01-08 02:32 PM
    Using Gmail and Google Maps here and a few other non native Apps, and all of them when closed out properly do not show up when I unlock my keypad.

When you Switch task, does it show Gmail and Opera as still loaded after you unlock the keypad? If so you didn't actually close the apps before locking the keypad.

Using END or ESC does not close them, just pushes them to the background. At least on this 8320 Curve.
    I always close programs when I am finished with them, however, even if I close SMS/MMS, or Browser, or Email, or Calendar, or Media, when unlocking the keyboard, it will still launch that program.

Basically, no matter if I have closed every program correctly, it will always bring up the screen of one of these native programs after an unlock. Always happens no matter what I do. So strange.
    10-01-08 05:05 PM
    I figured I'd update this post just in case someone else ever has this problem.

Upgrading to OS 4.5 fixed the problem and everything is working nicely now. However, in 4.3, to lock the keyboard you could press ALT + Enter, but in 4.5 that is no longer the case. I simply set my left convenience key to 'keyboard lock' and voila!
    11-21-08 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD