Well I bought a remote unlock code for my Curve that was locked to AT&T and I have T-Mobile, I originally tried GSMphonesource and I got a refund in about 24 hours for no given reason (I gave the IMEI number). I tried to get it unlocked from JTunlock.com and they said they can't find the IMEI number on the server. I don't really know what that means, but I know the IMEI number is correct since I've checked by typing in MEPD, going to the status screen and looking underneath the battery.

Any ideas what could be the problem?
    05-24-08 02:48 AM
    Have you tried typing *#06# ?

Does the IMEI match the one you provided?
    05-24-08 06:01 AM
    Just to make sure tha you have the IMEI 100% correct, Go to Options, Status, scroll down to IMEI, press Menu and then scroll to Copy.

Now open up Notepad and make a new note, now Paste the IMEI into Notepad.

A second way is to remove the battery and checking the label hidden away under it.

If the unlocker cannot find the IMEI then there is almost certainly and error in your typing even thought you have checked it. I made a mistaik with the last character because I could not see it hidden on the extreme right side of the screen.

Finally as eifel suggests try typing *#06# from the main screen.
    05-24-08 08:00 AM
    Copy + Paste in memopad gives me this:
    Underneath the battery is this:
    And typing in *#606# gives the same number.
    Last edited by cleonjones; 05-25-08 at 12:41 AM.
    05-24-08 01:26 PM
    did you try calling att to get them to unlock it
    05-24-08 01:30 PM
    I tried to buy a code from horizon wireless online, 24 hours later, they replied 'code not found on server'.I got the refund. I am absolutly sure my IMEI is correct. They also attached a link to their 'unfound code phone unlock service' for $47.5. Is this a tactic they use to make more money?
    05-24-08 01:48 PM
    I haven't called them yet, but if this doesn't work out then I will.

And I have no idea liunan, maybe we're just unlucky?
    05-24-08 02:00 PM
    Copy + Paste in memopad gives me this:
    Underneath the battery is this:
    And typing in *#606# gives the same number.
    Hopefully a mod will come along and clean up your earlier post (or you go back and edit it), but for future, you really should not post your IMEI in a public forum.
    05-24-08 03:15 PM
    I emailed the vender and he said he need to go to RIM's master server to get the code and it's the reason that unlocking cost more. He also needs 10-20 days to email the code back to me. It makes some sence since I did not buy my BB from a carrier(rogers). I bought mine from RIM directly. Maybe that's why the vender can't find my code so easily.
    05-24-08 03:16 PM
    I emailed the vender and he said he need to go to RIM's master server to get the code and it's the reason that unlocking cost more. He also needs 10-20 days to email the code back to me. It makes some sence since I did not buy my BB from a carrier(rogers). I bought mine from RIM directly. Maybe that's why the vender can't find my code so easily.
    It took me 10 days to get my unlock code from a generic unlocker.

I agree with you that it seems reasonable that any given vendor or carrier would only hold a list of uniis that they had sold and would therefore have no sight of other phone IMEIs.

cleonjones:
    1). You should not have posted your IMEI here. I am sure that it will get removed. Hope so.
    2). That said, if you sent them that number, then it has the same length and format as both my Blackberrys. In other words, it looks genuine. Also I know of no way to forge both the label and the number inside the phone.

It may be that the unlocker you chose simply did not have access to the full RIM database.

Perhaps you could try the same unlocker as liunan.

The ONLY thing that I can think of that might just cause this is if the original owner had made an insurance claim on the phone, had it replaced by the incsirance company, kept the old phone and sold it to you. His carrier then blacklisted the IMEI so that it cannot be used. If this is the case then maybe, just maybe, the IMEI would be unfindable. I would have thought that it would have shown up as blacklisted.

This happened to me with a phone that I bought on ebay. So I know that it happens. I did get around it but I had to sell the phone into a different country where it is now working fine.
    05-24-08 03:36 PM
    Just give horizon a try and they will get it to ya.
    05-24-08 03:45 PM
    I'll give them a shot. I have seen some sites offering more expensive unlocking that can unlock RIM Blackberries regardless of the carrier, so I guess that's what liunan is talking about. I'll give it a shot if this unlocking service can't come through.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by cleonjones; 05-25-08 at 12:43 AM.
    05-25-08 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD