So I'm attempting to unlock a 9530 for use on tmobile, originally when i installed my sim, it asked me for a new mep code. I entered my unlock code succesfully, but the phone remains locked. I went through options>advanced options>sim card>typed mepd. it pulls the screen up as usual, but when i type mep2 nothing happens. I made sure all connections were off, and the only thing that i notice that is different, is when i am in the mepd screen, it says network "inactive" instead of "active." This is the first time that I've unlocked a verizon phone, so help would be appreciated!!
    12-02-09 02:53 PM
    If the Network category is saying "inactive" that means it is unlocked.

Great job you unlocked your handset..
    12-05-09 12:49 AM
    What does it mean after you unlock the device, yet it still says "Insert SIM Card" on the home screen even though my T-Mobile card is inserted? When I go under Network Connections >> Manage Network, AT&T is listed as the mobile network??
    12-05-09 01:02 AM
    You havent switched it to 2G. It must in 2G then rebooted.
    12-05-09 03:22 PM
    ok so ive been using the unlocked storm for a few weeks now and im only having one issue so far. Facebook app works fine, but im not getting updates to my phone as i would with my 8900. ive tried downloading the facebook app from several locations, different facebook accounts, and sim cards. what could i be misisng?
    12-16-09 10:50 AM
    That's a unlocked issue, that's a facebook issue. When you have the app you no longer get notifications sent to your device unless you change that option.
    12-16-09 10:53 AM
    That's a unlocked issue, that's a facebook issue. When you have the app you no longer get notifications sent to your device unless you change that option.
    what i dont want are the sms notifications, its the actual app notifications that i want. ive even changed the setting on facebook to disable the sms, but still nothing.
    12-16-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD