I just bought a pearl 8100 on ebay and i tried to get the data plan but rogers told me that blackberry blocked the internet and everything on my phone. I dont know if this is because I got it off ebay or what but I'm just wondering if someone could tell me if there is any way I can unblock the internet and be able to get a data plan and use it. Thanks!
    04-14-09 01:38 PM
    I just bought a pearl 8100 on ebay and i tried to get the data plan but rogers told me that blackberry blocked the internet and everything on my phone. I dont know if this is because I got it off ebay or what but I'm just wondering if someone could tell me if there is any way I can unblock the internet and be able to get a data plan and use it. Thanks!
    I've never heard of RIM blocking the web from the device, that is one of the selling points of RIM phones.

I'd call and ask to talk to someone else, and/or a supervisor....
    04-14-09 01:47 PM
    well rogers set up my data plan and it wasnt working so they tried a bunch of things to get it to work and then they just that blackberry must have blocked this device from get internet.. so i dont know, i can try calling them again. I just thought it might have been because I bought it off ebay and the person who had the phone before blocked the internet? I dont know whats going on!
    04-14-09 01:52 PM
    well rogers set up my data plan and it wasnt working so they tried a bunch of things to get it to work and then they just that blackberry must have blocked this device from get internet.. so i dont know, i can try calling them again. I just thought it might have been because I bought it off ebay and the person who had the phone before blocked the internet? I dont know whats going on!
    I don't even know how one could "block" the internet from a devices, if you pay for the service you get it, if you don't pay for it you don't get it.... i'm as confused as you are...
    04-14-09 02:05 PM
    just called, aparently it is not unlocked properly!! haha thanks though
    04-14-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD