Hi all,
    I need some help. I got a blackberry storm 9500 from my uncle who lives in Australia. Actually, he got this phone as a gift from one of his clients and he gave it to me. I'm living in Bangladesh now. I got my storm unlocked from one of mobile servicing shops. They told me that they have got the unlock code from vodafone site. It works fine. I mean if i insert any sim of any network it works fine. I can talk, send and receive sms, and even use internet. I got a browser named GP World(Gp is my network provider). But, I usually use opera mini for browsing. On phone home, it shows 'edge' as network. But, I can no send any MMS and can not setup connection with BES, and hence my email setup is not activated, and I could not see application center in my storm.

So, I am confused about my unlocking the phone. Is it properly unlocked? If it is not, then how come i can call, sms and use internet? I am too much fade up with this situation.

Once I tried to unlock it in vodafone australia site as to be sure whether it is properly unlocked. But when I enter my imei number( 359484020547082), they told that the imei number is not found and. Then I became more confused and I thought my phone is properly unlocked and for this reason they could not find it no more in their database . Then my question is why am I not able to connect BES?

I would be very grateful to u all if anyone can help me resolve this problem. I am very sorry for this long message. But I tried to explain my whole situation in details.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Arif
    arif.liton@gmail.com
    09-07-09 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD