I have been a BB user for 4 years. I have previously unlocked a Telus 9300 curve, checked the info and states it is indeed unlocked. My son has a Rogers 9780 Bold that is broken. When we put the Rogers SIM card in my unlocked 9300 a message came up "Your current SIM card requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?" IF you press YES you must enter the service providers MEP code.
    My question is do I need an unlock code for the Telus or Rogers provider? and why when I have already unlocked the phone?
    Thanks T
    02-06-14 09:17 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! You need to go back to the person that unlocked the 9300, as it is clearly not unlocked?
    02-06-14 09:34 PM
    Thanks, yes been a member on here for a while just haven't posted. Should have gone to the intro page first.....oops Alrighty then. I did some more digging and you are right it is not totally unlocked. It shows the service provider as ACTIVE, everything else is DISABLED. Does that mean I need a different code to unlock it?
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    This site really is awesome!
    Last edited by streetrodtom; 02-06-14 at 11:06 PM.
    02-06-14 10:46 PM
    Thanks, yes been a member on here for a while just haven't posted. Should have gone to the intro page first.....oops Alrighty then. I did some more digging and you are right it is not totally unlocked. It shows the service provider as ACTIVE, everything else is DISABLED. Does that mean I need a different code to unlock it?
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    This site really is awesome!
    Your phone is unlocked.
    02-07-14 07:47 AM
    OK, so if the phone is unlocked, why do I get the message as stated in my first post when the Rogers SIM card is inserted and phone boots up.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 10:23 AM
    Your phone is unlocked.
    Wrong. Service provider restriction is enabled. Please educate yourself before responding.

OP will need an unlock code from the company it is locked to.
    streetrodtom likes this.
    02-07-14 11:32 AM
    Patients with me now.....I have a MEP2 unlock code for TELUS (Canada) but when i go into the sim settings it will not allow me to open the MEP2 screen to enter the code. I can open the MEP4 screen no problem??? I am pretty new at all this and learning fast.
    Also, my TELUS account that was with the old 9300 has been transferred to my new Z10. Still have the SIM card and can read the phone # etc, works on wireless. Does this create a problem? Do i need a different type of unlock code to get the ROGERS(Canada) sim card to work.
    Thanks again!
    02-07-14 12:17 PM
    Patients with me now.....I have a MEP2 unlock code for TELUS (Canada) but when i go into the sim settings it will not allow me to open the MEP2 screen to enter the code. I can open the MEP4 screen no problem??? I am pretty new at all this and learning fast.
    Also, my TELUS account that was with the old 9300 has been transferred to my new Z10. Still have the SIM card and can read the phone # etc, works on wireless. Does this create a problem? Do i need a different type of unlock code to get the ROGERS(Canada) sim card to work.
    Thanks again!
    According to Telus's web site, the process if fairly straight forward.
    <snip>
    BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300: How-to: Unlock your TELUS BlackBerry for use with other carriers

You can unlock your TELUS issued BlackBerry for use with other mobile carriers.
    CAUTION: Make sure to enter the unlock code correctly. Your BlackBerry will become permanently locked to the TELUS network after ten incorrect attempts.

• Remove the battery.
    • Insert your non-TELUS SIM card.
    • Reinsert the battery and turn your BlackBerry on.
    • The following message displays: Your current SIM requires an unlock code. Would you like to unlock it?
    • Click Yes.
    • Enter the MEP code (unlock code).
    • Your BlackBerry is unlocked.
    • Still having trouble? Contact TELUS Support.

<snip>
    It seems that they need the foreign SIM card inserted before powering on, mind you I never had that issue in particular. Once powered on the device should ask you if you want to unlock it and then take you immediately to the appropriate screen. I only recall ever needing to provide the MEP4 code for my 9800.

02-07-14 01:17 PM
    Thanks to those who replied! I tried the method as listed from the Telus site....didn't work. What I required was a MEP4 unlock code that the unlocker sent to me and with my original SIM card installed...presto. now working fine on the Rogers network.
    T
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-07-14 09:32 PM