Hey guys, ive researched and im stuck. Im trying to unlocked my at&t bold 9700, but when i go to the sim card option and type 'mepd' the screens still white, any idea to get it to show the active and deactive screen i need it to show?
    10-12-11 07:15 PM
    have you shrunk out something manually? Did you recently install any apps? Are you on BIS or BES?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 08:37 PM
    I just got the phone so it was wiped. Do I need a sim card to get to the screen where it shows active and deactive status' of things?
    10-12-11 09:36 PM
    I just got the phone so it was wiped. Do I need a sim card to get to the screen where it shows active and deactive status' of things?
    Yes. A SIM card is required to get service (BIS/BES) and data from your carrier.
    10-12-11 09:55 PM
    A wipe might not do the trick but a reflash of the os might.
    10-12-11 10:13 PM
    What does the BIS/BES mean? I've never really had a true sim card phone, I had a bold 9650 before this that got water damaged, so instead of paying 400 for the same phone, bought one off ebay, and now mts(my provider) is starting to get sim card phones, so I'm not 100% on the process of unlocking and getting a sim card working in a phone.
    10-12-11 10:26 PM
    BIS: BlackBerry Internet Service (Public)
    BES: BlackBerry Enterprise Service (Company/Work)

I downloaded an application over a year ago which gave me codes to unlock my 9700 I had about 10 tries and when it failed seven times, I gave up since I didn't want the phone being totally locked on Vodafone UK.

10-12-11 10:53 PM
    If you order an unlock code from a reputable unlocker like us or any of the others here on crackberry you should have no problem unlocking it at all.

We can unlock any Blackberry 100% Guaranteed or double your money back.

We provide 1 working unlock code as well.

Let me know if you need help unlocking your Blackberry we can help you out.

Cheers!

James
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 10-12-11 at 11:09 PM.
    10-12-11 11:03 PM
    we have already unlocked many 9700. if you need to unlock your phone through us do contact us with your phone details.
    10-13-11 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the quick help guys. I went to my service provider, guy tried to sell me a sim card, 50 bucks to get it up and going, then tried to sell me a used curve for 600, walked out. Went back the next day, delt with my normal guy, gave me a free sim card, said i'd have to unlock it, so gave me a business card of a guy in town, throw the sim in, get back to my car, im getting texts and bbm's. The phone was unlocked already, strange but im not complaining. Five weeks without a phone is long enough. Only thing is when the battery gets down to about half it shuts off. I have to take the battery out to start it up again and it says low battery, any reason why? Could it just be the battery itself?
    10-14-11 07:35 PM
    Hi harrisen,

No problem at all

Glad it all worked out!

Yes, it looks like the battery is faulty

But try giving the phone a fresh Software install it may solve the problem

if not then replace the battery

If the phone is newer and still under warranty RIM may cover the battery and give you a new one
    or you can buy one on ebay (cheapest) cnn.cn, true-supplier.com or from a local cellphone shop

Cheers!

James
    10-14-11 07:38 PM
    If I update it, will it become locked again? Thats what I'm worried about
    10-14-11 07:43 PM
    Hey harrisen,

No it won't get relocked

When a blackberry is unlocked it stays unlocked permanently

Don't worry about it at all,

Cheers,

James

If I update it, will it become locked again? Thats what I'm worried about
    10-14-11 07:50 PM
    I'm on v.5.0.0.979. Anyway to get os 6 or something on it? A way thsts not too techy?
    10-14-11 08:59 PM
    I'm on v.5.0.0.979. Anyway to get os 6 or something on it? A way thsts not too techy?
    There's 5.0.0.938, 5.0.0.1014 also. .938 was super stable when I used it.

10-14-11 09:30 PM
    Is there a huge difference between all those? I honestly dont care which I'm on. The phone sends and receives texts/bbms/calls. What more do I need.
    10-14-11 11:19 PM
    There isn't much difference, just enjoy with your phone.
    10-15-11 11:18 AM
    If you switch carrier and have problems with data just update service books for it to work with your SIM card and your unlocked Blackberry device.
    10-15-11 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD