Well, I'm completely new to BB. I m using Blackberry Bold 9700 with OS 5.0.0.344. I'm from India, here its not launched officially yet, i guess, its UK based phone, unlocked i hope, VODAFONE carrier (i use AirTel). Now my question is, i want to upgrade it to the latest version, the only question is, how do i unlock? or does it really need unlock anyway?
    If possible i need complete guide from downloading/installing new OS to my BB and unlock it to use it with my carrier (if any), it will be really appreciated.

THANKS
    04-06-10 12:13 PM
    Your phone needs to be unlocked in order to use it on a different network than it was built for... if not the SIM card will NOT work.

You can upgrade the OS to ANY version that is built for your device... it has nothing to do with it being unlocked and will not effect the unlock/lock status.

You might want to check out the Blackberry 101 lessons here on CB... there is a link in my signature below, as well as a link under "Blackberry Help" at the top of every forum page.
    04-06-10 12:23 PM
    how do i unlock it then ?
    should i just upgrade from the original source and if yes then how do i unlock it to use it on my carrier ?
    04-06-10 12:26 PM
    should i just upgrade from the original source and if yes then how do i unlock it to use it on my carrier ?
    There is only one way to unlock your device, but several places to unlock them... you need an unlock code... the place is the difference... I preferred to use my carrier... there are other websites that you can use to unlock your device... sorry, I don't use or recommend any... you use Google to find those.
    04-06-10 12:33 PM
    We can unlock it for you. Just let us know
    04-06-10 04:48 PM
    We can help you as well. There are a number of unlockers on Crackberry.com that can have your phone unlocked very quickly!

Let us know if you need any help!
    04-06-10 09:05 PM
    If you are still looking for an unlock code for your device we can help you out! if you order your code from us you will get it within minutes!
    04-06-10 09:20 PM
    Call the provider first in case you can get the code for free, if not then any of us reliable unlockers here can help you unlock your Blackberry. The process is very simple and the code is emailed right away.

Good Luck Unlocking.
    04-07-10 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD