For the first time I bought a used phone, and I bought it unlocked. The phone arrived and I put my sim card in the phone, and was able to receive phone calls and browse on the blackberry browser as well as send receive txt/ bbm. However, I am unable to make phone calls or access data on thrid party applications (google maps, opera, ect.)

I called rogers for help and they had me check the Vendor id. The id on my new phone is 102 the att id, preventing me from making calls. They claim that the phone is unlocked incorrectly.

Dose anybody have any solutions for me?

Thanks
    10-10-09 07:54 PM
    Hi, this may be of help... good luck: http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/un...-anyone-20002/
    10-10-09 08:14 PM
    Look to make sure it is indeed unlocked, here below is how to check. If it is locked still, then of course you got sold a phone that is not unlocked to any GSM carrier. You will need to get a code and rogers will not give you a code as they don't do this, but you can purchase codes from reputable people online or if it is still available there is some software out there that can unlock it for free. I forget what the softwares name is.

To determine if your BlackBerry is "unlocked" for use on carriers other than for which it is branded:

1. On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

2. At that screen type MEPD (see note below) on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

•If your BlackBerry has a SureType keyboard (71xx and 81xx devices) you will need to double-tap the P, so the actual keys entered become M E P P D.

3. Look for Network in the list.

4. If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.
    10-10-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD