Hello All,

I am a sys admin that inherited a BES environment. There was one curve 8330 that had the password changed from the BES Server remotely when a person was dismissed. Since then the users account was deleted from the BES server. Now I need to wipe and setup the device for a new user. The issue is that I don't know the unlock password. I can't push it from the server since the user was deleted.

I searched around the forums here but didn't find much. I did download the Desktop Mgr software 4.7 to try and manually wipe the device but couldn't find it as the instructions that I was following must have been written for an earlier version. Again, I just want to start out fresh and I do not care about any data that is on the device.

Got any ideas?

Thank you,

Chris
    07-02-09 09:50 AM
    Hello All,

I am a sys admin that inherited a BES environment. There was one curve 8330 that had the password changed from the BES Server remotely when a person was dismissed. Since then the users account was deleted from the BES server. Now I need to wipe and setup the device for a new user. The issue is that I don't know the unlock password. I can't push it from the server since the user was deleted.

I searched around the forums here but didn't find much. I did download the Desktop Mgr software 4.7 to try and manually wipe the device but couldn't find it as the instructions that I was following must have been written for an earlier version. Again, I just want to start out fresh and I do not care about any data that is on the device.

Got any ideas?

Thank you,

Chris

You could do it the old fashion way. Type the password wrong 10 times. It will wipe the device so you can re-activate it.
    07-02-09 11:35 PM
    Yep, done that a few times .....
    08-07-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD