12-12-08 03:40 PM
58 123
tools
    It's a waste of time... Actually I've been wondering if there is some sort of strategy agreement between Verizon an Sprint with one carrier disabling GPS and the other disabling MMS so that us customers have to choose our poison therefore somewhat evening the playing field between the two major US cdma companies to keep everybody from flocking to just one cdma carrier or the other.......... Don't take this too seriously but it just seems kind of funny to me that's all.
    11-16-08 03:57 PM
    Dang did you not get the email and see the national ads about that?
    11-16-08 04:00 PM
    Haha. Apparently too many people called the Executive Customer Service number so they switched it to Security Services. I just called and scammed the security guy into giving me a direct line to the office of Charlie Falco, the VP of Customer Service Operations for Verizon Wireless.

PM me if you want it.
    ROFL! -

I have the simple answer to this, switch to AT&T or Sprint - :P
    11-16-08 04:00 PM
    Dang did you not get the email and see the national ads about that?
    I never got an email or saw the national about anything... Elaborate please.
    11-16-08 04:11 PM
    Nevermind. no need to elaborate on this one
    11-16-08 04:30 PM
    I'd just port my number out of Verizon and go to AT&T.. I will deal with a few dropped calls here and there if it means usable, free GPS..

besides.. GSM 3g is,

1. Faster due to HDSPA..
    2. allows for data AND voice at the same time.

I cant tell you how ANNOYING it is on my Sprint WinMo phone, when I send a sms message, my Microsoft Office Communicator disconnects..
    I didn't realize the 8310 had 3G HSDPA. I thought it just had EDGE.
    11-16-08 07:17 PM
    Customer pressure works. GPS unlocked!
    12-08-08 04:08 PM
    I'd just port my number out of Verizon and go to AT&T.. I will deal with a few dropped calls here and there if it means usable, free GPS..
    Hey great idea. Here's another great idea, how about you send everyone a check for $175 so they can get out of contracts and do exactly as you would do.
    12-12-08 03:40 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD