Ive read that you have to be a customer with Verizon for 10 months to get your Tour unlocked. I just switched from Sprint to Verizon less than a month ago. I want to unlock my Tour and get a international sim card for my phone.

Has anyone had any difficulties with verizon getting thier phone unlocked? Also what is a good sim card to buy? Can you just purchase a sim card from Tmobile or At&t without being a customer? Like a pre paid one? Or would it be cheaper to be a customer? Do you have to buy a phone and get a new number? Ive never used a sim card so im unsure about these things.
    09-30-09 03:27 PM
    Ive read that you have to be a customer with Verizon for 10 months to get your Tour unlocked. I just switched from Sprint to Verizon less than a month ago. I want to unlock my Tour and get a international sim card for my phone.

Has anyone had any difficulties with verizon getting thier phone unlocked? Also what is a good sim card to buy? Can you just purchase a sim card from Tmobile or At&t without being a customer? Like a pre paid one? Or would it be cheaper to be a customer? Do you have to buy a phone and get a new number? Ive never used a sim card so im unsure about these things.
    1. If you had to be a cust for 10 months how would ppl travel?
    2. I have not had difficulties getting it unlocked.
    3. The question aobut TMO and AT&T if you buy a sim card from them you become their customer

I don't really have time for the rest hopefully someone else can be of some help.
    09-30-09 03:32 PM
    You do need to meet the requirements that VZW has set or they won't give you the unlock code. It doesn't hurt to call and ask though.

Otherwise,

You can use one of many unlock companies and get your code through them. i've used The Remote Unlocker successfully.

While i do have my Tour unlocked, i have yet to use a foreign SIM. When i traveled out of county i used the VZW provided SIM and Global Data plan.

However, i did not make phone calls. If i were to use my BlackBerry out of county to make calls, i would definitely buy a local SIM in that country.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 03:33 PM
    1. If you had to be a cust for 10 months how would ppl travel?
    2. I have not had difficulties getting it unlocked.
    3. The question aobut TMO and AT&T if you buy a sim card from them you become their customer

I don't really have time for the rest hopefully someone else can be of some help.
    1. You would use the VZW provided SIM (Vodafone) and add VZWs Global Email plan to your account.

09-30-09 03:39 PM
    All you have to do is be a customer for 60 days, then they will provide you with the unlock code.

THen you can use any simcard you wish on the phone.
    09-30-09 03:45 PM
    I didnt see a Verizon section in your remote unlocker link Chrisy. Im going to be visiting a friend in the U.K for two weeks but was unsure whether to call Verizon to ask for a unlock code as i havent been a customer for very long.

Guess it wont hurt to ask. Im going to shop around to see how cheap i can get my phone unlocked online just in case. Im checking At&t to see how cheap their international prepaid plans are.
    09-30-09 03:45 PM
    Sorry about that! We actually do unlock VZW Tours for $20 cdn. Its on the pull down list, but I guess it got left off of the main price list. I will make the change tonight, but you can still order from the pull down in the mean time!

Let me know if you have any questions

09-30-09 03:53 PM
    In the pull down list it says Blackberry Storm, not Tour.
    09-30-09 04:03 PM
    You're right. In my system they are listed as the same phone. You can use the Verizon Storm option for $20

09-30-09 04:04 PM
    I didnt see a Verizon section in your remote unlocker link Chrisy. Im going to be visiting a friend in the U.K for two weeks but was unsure whether to call Verizon to ask for a unlock code as i havent been a customer for very long.

Guess it wont hurt to ask. Im going to shop around to see how cheap i can get my phone unlocked online just in case. Im checking At&t to see how cheap their international prepaid plans are.
    You can win a free code http://crackberry.com/cellunlock-100...erican-carrier
    10-01-09 12:38 AM
    In the pull down list it says Blackberry Storm, not Tour.
    Sorry for the delay MaryJane, our site has been updated to reflect our new Verizon Storm/Tour pricing of $15 cdn.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
    10-01-09 05:36 AM
    Its always good to shop around MaryJane, do your research and then come back and let us know who your decision is and how that experienced went for you as well.

10-01-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD