1 day left!!!

I am new to this unlocking thing, and on the 21st my 30day test drive will end and I will be locked into verizon for 2 years. I love my storm, and verizons service for that matter, however, 140$ a month (after fees, and taxes) for 900 minutes is ridiculious*! So i really need some help and advice with this whole unlocking thing. I am severe noob at unlocking, however i have been mod'ing nextels for years. So here we go...

1. Will ANYTHING not work if I unlock my phone, and switch to AT&T
    (I assume VZNAV. wont, but I'm not sure)
    please think real hard and answer only if 100% confident.
    I need MMS, SMS, WEB, Email, and other functions to work

2. Can I get insurance on this particular phone with another provider?

3. If I dont purchase a rebated/discounted phone thru AT&T will I have to sign a contract?.

4. If I go to say AT&T, will I still be required to pay the BB fee, the way I understand it is that with most other carriers, there is a BB fee, however with Verizon its called a DATA plan. I know typically a data plan just means how much data you send/recieve, but according to my bill there is no BB fee and you are required to have the "data plan", so I assume thats just what they are calling it.

5. Long story short, Please tell me everything I need to know to make a decision on what to do to make a good decision. Even if it seems like your talking to a 3yr old, Please, I beg humbly at your feet, explain everything, every detail possible, and THANK YOU SO MUCH (in advance) for taking the time to help a greenhorn like me. Thanks again... -Shane

P.S. I am on the phone on hold right now with verizon attempting to get my phone unlocked "just in case".
    12-19-08 07:02 PM
    You should read the thread linked below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...m-95xx-107154/
    12-19-08 07:16 PM
    yea I did that before posting, that is for more of an advanced person then I, PLUS after 4 attempts at unlocking with the text book excuses, every rep has said NO, I have to be with verizon for 60days. guess its a contract for me.
    12-19-08 07:35 PM
    keep trying, you will get a code
    12-19-08 07:44 PM
    well on the 4th time, they said..."and I see that you've already called twice today regarding this matter"
    12-19-08 07:45 PM
    Yeah, another thing is that if you got the code and canceled... then you are required to return the Storm... so unlock... cancel... return Storm. No point in trying. If you really want it, wait after 30 days, cancel it, pay the 175 fee, get a friend who has had Verizon for a while to activate and unlock, then give it back to you. Bam.
    12-19-08 07:56 PM
    1. You'll have to pay $499 for the phone if you keep it.
    2. If you want data like the web, email, and that stuff you'll have to pay though AT&T.
    3. Once you get the code follow though on the thread.
    12-19-08 07:59 PM
    well on the 4th time, they said..."and I see that you've already called twice today regarding this matter"
    Keep calling until you get a positive answer.

Or wait until you hit 60 days and then try.

Or use the unlocking program yourself (I don't have the exact link handy, but you should be able to search for it with keywords: unlock program yourself free)
    12-19-08 08:00 PM
    60 days with Verizon or 60 days with the Storm?
    12-19-08 08:02 PM
    Keep calling until you get a positive answer.

Or wait until you hit 60 days and then try.

Or use the unlocking program yourself (I don't have the exact link handy, but you should be able to search for it with keywords: unlock program yourself free)
    The 9530 storm can't use the program as far as I know, the codes are unique to each phones IMEI number, so unless the program was a Verizon internal leak you won't be able to unlock the phone.
    12-19-08 08:03 PM
    The 9530 storm can't use the program as far as I know, the codes are unique to each phones IMEI number, so unless the program was a Verizon internal leak you won't be able to unlock the phone.
    Yup, you're right. I just found the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/do-...30-free-108085

and it looks like it was a leaked program, but unfortunately it doesn't support the 9530.
    12-19-08 08:07 PM
    a lot of great info, thanks guys. I guess thread closed
    12-19-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD