hi guys,
    quick question on unlocking!!
    if i unlock my handset (on orange UK) will it allow me access to all the currently locked items?? like some of the speed dial options, memory cleaning options?? would like ot kknwo as currently my berry takes Forever to reload after a battery pull and memory cleaning is a Locked option! be nice to get it down to 2-3mins rather than 8-9!!
    any other adverse affects from unlocking?? and does the handset remain unlocked if you replace the OS?? heard on some handsets it locks back??

Ta muchly in advance,

Timmo.
    11-03-10 11:29 AM
    Unlocking your device does not unlock any "hidden" functions on your phone. It will give you the option to use any compatible carrier sim card with your Blackberry. This is good when you're travelling, not happy with your current provider and do not have to buy a new phone with a new provider, increase resale value, etc.

If you upgrade the OS, your device will remain unlocked. It is unlocked for good when you enter the "mep" code.

Hope that helps.
    11-03-10 01:27 PM
    Thanks matey!
    So any ideas on how to unlock the locked items in some menu's??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 01:33 PM
    You may want to try a different OS if you're having these problems.

Unlocking it will allow you to use it on another network
    11-04-10 07:17 PM
    Do you have BES access on your BlackBerry? Memory Cleaning is often locked on by an IT Policy put in place by your employer. If that's the case, you won't be able to remove it.
    11-04-10 08:34 PM
    TRU, i've been on pretty much all the leaks for the model as they came out and has always been the same!

jeff, not on BIS fella, is a personal phone, no it policy has been loaded by me and i'm the only user of it,

i've lived with it for 15 months so guess will just have to carry on! ;-)
    11-05-10 03:00 AM
    When you do decide to get your phone unlocked, make sure you use a reputable dealer, as there are quite a few sharks out there.

Also, check to see how many "tries" you have left for code entering too.

gpz900ra7.
    11-05-10 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD