09-08-09 08:44 PM
32 12
tools
    Hi,

First of all, is it possible to unlock a telus phone to activate it with bell?
    Also, I just bought my new storm 2 days ago, let say i would like to switch to rogers, if I unlock it, will it be 3g hsdpa, i'm just wondering because the phone is cdma right? even if it has a sim card **** ????

Thanks,
    04-06-09 07:02 PM
    telus phones wont work on bell no way to unlock
    the storm will work on rogers but no 3G
    most people say you cant unlock a telus storm for rogers but others say it is possible
    04-06-09 07:16 PM
    Correct, Telus phones won't work on Bell. The CDMA lock is tied to the hardware itself and can't be done (not to say its impossible, but for all intensive purposes, we'd might as well consider it to be).

It is now possible to take a Telus Storm to Rogers, but if you do unlock your phone, I've recently found out that your warranty is toast (I've since decided not to bother unlocking mine). I checked this with both a respectable cell unlocking service and with a Telus CSR rep. Something to consider since this is a new phone and it's still considered new technology. There is a clear percentage of phones that do have issues, so I'd be reluctant to do the unlock if I were you. Telus has better plans IMO anyhow.
    04-07-09 03:02 AM
    Thanks a lot guys! Are you sure that the storm will not be 3g when unlocked? You're right to say that telus plans are freaking better, this is not for me, because my friend love my phone and wants it, but is not available yet in Canada with rogers?
    Ps: my plan is: 350 min
    Unlimited night and weekend
    Caller I'd
    Voice mess
    Unlimited text all this for 25$
    Plus unlimited web browsing for30$
    Is it good?
    THX

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 07:54 AM
    A telus phone will not work on anything but Telus, sadly. As far as the storm goes I see them on kijiji & craigslist for sale saying they are unlocked and will work on Rogers. Once you unlock a phone it voids any warranty as well. your plan is ok I guess for what they have out these days. I pay different, because I have an older plan same thing though nights starting at 6pm as well. and 15 unlimited!

Thanks a lot guys! Are you sure that the storm will not be 3g when unlocked? You're right to say that telus plans are freaking better, this is not for me, because my friend love my phone and wants it, but is not available yet in Canada with rogers?
    Ps: my plan is: 350 min
    Unlimited night and weekend
    Caller I'd
    Voice mess
    Unlimited text all this for 25$
    Plus unlimited web browsing for30$
    Is it good?
    THX

04-07-09 04:06 PM
    For your friend with Rogers, just tell him to hold on a while longer. There was talk that a Storm 9520 was going to come out on Rogers some time this summer.
    04-07-09 06:41 PM
    All right guys, thanks! Do you know when we'll have it in qubec?

04-07-09 06:54 PM
    I don't care about the technicalities of unlocking the phone. You're all over the map there...

....but i'm REALLY interested to hear why you want to unlock a phone to use on Ma-Bell.... and Rogers.

hehehe, - "Yes sir, I would like this new Porsche to drive like a Hyundai.... is it possible!?"
    04-07-09 09:16 PM
    First, i was just wondering if it was possible to unlock a telus phone to work with bell because i'm selling my pearl and some people ask me if it was possible...and for the storm to rogers, this is just the fact that the phone is not yet available to rogers here in quebec and my friend wants it, am i right?
    04-07-09 09:41 PM
    A telus phone will not work on anything but Telus, sadly. As far as the storm goes I see them on kijiji & craigslist for sale saying they are unlocked and will work on Rogers. Once you unlock a phone it voids any warranty as well. your plan is ok I guess for what they have out these days. I pay different, because I have an older plan same thing though nights starting at 6pm as well. and 15 unlimited!
    This is not true. I have recently unlocked my Telus Storm. Yesterday I took it into the rogers store and used the csr's personal Sim card in my storm. I had EDGE data access with confirmed internet access, and was able to make phone calls easily from his number (his number did come up on call display). I then switched mobile network back to 1XEV and instantly had Telus service back. The fearmongering telus reps who say it isn't possible are lying.

I also happen to know that unlocking technically voids your warranty, but there is no way for them to tell it is unlocked before it gets to the service centre, and the Telus reps I speak with say there is no individually identifiable information sent with the phone to the service centre, just a description of the problem. As long as you wipe the phone before giving it to them in exchange for replacement, the only downside is that the new phone won't be unlocked and you'll have to redo that. Unlocking the phone cannot cause any problems that would lead to a warranty issue, which means the only reason they really care is because when they send the phone back out as a refurb someone gets an unlocked phone.
    05-31-09 09:08 AM
    I wouldn't send my phone directly back through Telus anyways... Aslong as you know their service centers are located, you can go too them and explain your problem and have them repair your phone for a cost. I mean why would I want to pay 75.00 for them to look at it and then an extra how much after. I Might aswell take it directly to the service center and have them look at it for free and then have them fix it. Normally what the carriers do is they send the phone out to outside service centers. If you are in Toronto, Ontario there are tons of them that you can look up in the yellow pages that are authorized service centers and even they will unlock your phone or fix it for a cost.
    05-31-09 02:39 PM
    I found a great repair shop, they are not authorized but when it's cheaper to have a third party fix it why not?
    2071 Steels Ave W. Unit 3 (In a huge plaza next door to the subway). Cell world. The repair guy (Nick) in there know's his stuff!

So there's a commercial for a place in the mega city... I think it might be North York. Worth the drive though.
    06-01-09 08:42 AM
    I have my STORM from TELUS also unlocked. Works flawless on with a ROGERS SIM. And SURE it voids your warranty but if you take it into a TELUS they wont know unless you tell them.
    Just like they all say changing the OS to unoffical VOIDS it. They don't care.
    06-01-09 09:19 PM
    Hey my_2_cents, just wondering where you had your Storm unlocked? I want to make sure I have mine done properly. Im on Telus as well and want to use rogers.
    06-03-09 02:08 AM
    I need my Telus Storm unlocked ....but I dont want to wait 5-12 days...Anyone have a suggestion?
    06-03-09 04:02 PM
    cellunlock.net i believe there's a discount code for 50% off, i think its cb50. Thats where I got mine unlocked. They got it done in 3 days.
    06-03-09 04:57 PM
    I got it from cellunlock dot net took like less then 3 days to get the number back.
    06-03-09 05:39 PM
    Ok, placed my order with cellunlock. Thanks for the info
    06-04-09 01:50 AM
    Boo cb50 doesn't work!
    06-05-09 09:59 PM
    The code is Crackb50 on cellunlock...used it myself and saved a bunch.
    06-06-09 02:14 PM
    just call customer service and tell them your going out of the country and they will send you the unlock codes, make sure you tell them that you want to use an oversea phone service too.
    06-06-09 02:50 PM
    thats not the same unlock code, that is just to activate the GSM card and it only picks up outside north america. Telus does not give out actual unlock codes to clients....ever.
    06-06-09 08:12 PM
    Yea...thats correct. Telus is not as cool as verizon sometimes
    06-06-09 08:30 PM
    Hmm. No codes needed also here. Just send me an email.
    $9.99 to unlock a storm
    $4.99 to unlock any tmobile Blackberry

Try me.
    06-18-09 09:28 PM
    shoooot....10 bucks to unlock a storm? darnit! I paid 30
    06-19-09 01:53 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD