Currently, i am running a Blackberry Curve 8320 on the T-Mobile service plan.
    The reception sucks where i live, so my family and i are looking forward to moving to Verizon.

My question is, Verizon phones don't hold sim cards, however Tmobile phones do. Can i unlock my Curve from T-Mobile, and run it on Verizon with no sim card? The phone is practically new, and i don't feel like buying a new one.

Thanks!
    10-11-09 01:03 AM
    Currently, i am running a Blackberry Curve 8320 on the T-Mobile service plan.
    The reception sucks where i live, so my family and i are looking forward to moving to Verizon.

My question is, Verizon phones don't hold sim cards, however Tmobile phones do. Can i unlock my Curve from T-Mobile, and run it on Verizon with no sim card? The phone is practically new, and i don't feel like buying a new one.

Thanks!
    No,the 8320 is a GSM device and Verizon uses CDMA. Not compatible.
    10-11-09 01:37 AM
    Oh damn, alright thanks for the speedy reply
    10-11-09 02:51 AM
    One more question, i know this site is based around iphones, hence "crackberry", but will the same question apply to getting an Iphone to work on Verizon?
    10-11-09 09:47 AM
    One more question, i know this site is based around iphones, hence "crackberry", but will the same question apply to getting an Iphone to work on Verizon?
    Yes, same thing. Networks are not compatible.
    10-11-09 11:47 AM
    what!! I could have sworn that the site was for Blackberry's!
    10-11-09 12:00 PM
    what!! I could have sworn that the site was for Blackberry's!
    whoops i stand corrected. I was thinking iphone and blackberry, got confuzed
    10-11-09 06:52 PM
    Awwwww man so that means i cn not unlock a verizon blackberry curve to work on tmobile service ;>(
    11-19-09 09:45 AM
    No, first key to always look for is, 'does it have a sim card slot?" If it doesn't then no.
    11-19-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD