ok so im being curious about these ppl get the unlock code for our bb. i know the carriers will provide them for u but how do other ppl get them. i know there is a unlocking program for nokia. what programs do they use.
    12-13-09 08:34 PM
    As I understand it, the codes come from a RIM database.
    And the companies that charge to unlock and carriers get them from RIM.
    It is possible there is a program that can figure the codes out, based on the IMEI number, which I'm sure is also from RIM. At least my pea sized brain tells me this.
    12-13-09 10:38 PM
    I have seen the Nokia unlock program. Basically the system used for BB is the same. There is a program that, through the automagic process of computer aided number crunching, generates the unlock code based on the IMEI number inputted.

Now accessing, or simply findingthe current most version of that program is a challenge. The businesses that provide the unlock service have their ways, weither an inside source, or mahousive smarts to figure out the code gen program, I don't know. I used UniquePhones to unlock my strom. Easier on my brain and it worked without messing anything up. If your looking to unlock anything, give them a try. The link is in my sig file below, VVVVVVVVV
    12-14-09 10:08 AM
    Requires special powers
    12-14-09 10:21 AM
    Curiosity killed the cat you know...
    12-14-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD